1 month old

Mollysn28

Original Poster
You want to hand tame him- get your hands in the tank as much as you can- feeding by hand bsfl is good - he needs to learn trust and be patient w/ him- as long as he's eating a little basking pooping your good- his appetite will increase as he gets more acclimated to the tank and surroundings
Ok. Finally got it good. Highest basking spot is 115. And everything around is 104, 110...so on. And I just put in the reptisun 10.0 uvb tube. I'll keep you posted on the feedings. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok. Finally got it good. Highest basking spot is 115. And everything around is 104, 110...so on. And I just put in the reptisun 10.0 uvb tube. I'll keep you posted on the feedings. :)
Ok watch that 115 temp hes not going to bask there if he does it wont be for long its too hot but if hes got other temps hes good -- were you using a 12% bulb ?

Mollysn28

Original Poster
Ok watch that 115 temp hes not going to bask there if he does it wont be for long its too hot but if hes got other temps hes good -- were you using a 12% bulb ?
I just wanted to say, wow. What a difference proper uvb and temperatures do. He went from being slightly lethargic sitting up in his spot all day, to a spunky little lizard! He's running around, chasing bugs, and being adorable! I moved his decor over slightly so the highest spot is only reaching 112.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just wanted to say, wow. What a difference proper uvb and temperatures do. He went from being slightly lethargic sitting up in his spot all day, to a spunky little lizard! He's running around, chasing bugs, and being adorable! I moved his decor over slightly so the highest spot is only reaching 112.
Yes it's amazing w/ what proper uvb placement and distance and surface basking temps can make- I don't think he will sit long under the 112- so watch where he sits for basking

Mollysn28

Original Poster
Yes it's amazing w/ what proper uvb placement and distance and surface basking temps can make- I don't think he will sit long under the 112- so watch where he sits for basking
Yes there's only one spot that is 112. Everywhere else ranges from like 102-110.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom