1 month old gaping mouth

Mollysn28

Hey guys. Brought home a 1 month old dragon about 2 weeks ago. But I think he may have been a little younger even. The first week was spent with me doing trial and error to get tank just right. He is in a 4×2×2...He has a brand new reptisun 10.0 tube about 12 inches above his basking decor. Highest basking temp is about 108. His appetite has been increasing little by little. Still not where I would like it. But this morning he had 2 medium size dubias, and for lunch he had a healthy size meal worm. Dusting with calcium +d3. And he has a bite of mustard greens here and there. Today is starting opening and closing his mouth a lot. I don't know if he's regulating heat, has nose shed maybe, or is sick. He also made a sqeaking sound when I put him on my son's bed. I'm freaking out. 😭

Attachments

• 20221228_115520.jpg
    20221228_115520.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 100

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Your setup looks good, can you post a few pics or a video of him doing it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a video that is 1 minute 30 seconds...but it says file too large when I try to post it...
I would cut the size of the tank down partition it off- for a dragon that young the tank should be smaller- you will be able to work w/ him better - what are your surface basking temps and are you taking them w/ a digital probe thermometer-- the uvb is inside the tank or on top? please do not feed any insects no bigger than the space between his eyes- he will get impacted- please do not get him out of the tank - he's going thru relocation stress- he needs time to acclimate to his tank and surroundings - the gaping is him adjusting his body temps-- does he have any mucous coming out of his nose or a lot of thick saliva?

Mollysn28

Original Poster
I would cut the size of the tank down partition it off- for a dragon that young the tank should be smaller- you will be able to work w/ him better - what are your surface basking temps and are you taking them w/ a digital probe thermometer-- the uvb is inside the tank or on top? please do not feed any insects no bigger than the space between his eyes- he will get impacted- please do not get him out of the tank - he's going thru relocation stress- he needs time to acclimate to his tank and surroundings - the gaping is him adjusting his body temps-- does he have any mucous coming out of his nose or a lot of thick saliva?
Uvb inside, reptisun 10.0. Surface temp highest spot about 108. No mucous or thick saliva.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Uvb inside, reptisun 10.0. Surface temp highest spot about 108. No mucous or thick saliva.
Ok the little squeak you heard could of been maybe being squeezed to tight? Are you getting that temp w/ a digital probe thermometer? I dont see any temp gauges in the tank -- please NO meal worms -- they will cause impaction in babies -- you want the correct size dubia roaches for a one month old dragon he should be eating smalls - BSFL maybe medium size I would need to see him and salads -- your UVB is good for distance -- and it sounds like the surface basking temps are good too but I would cut the size of the tank down --- partition it off for now -- and please get your insects corrected for size or you gonna have impaction issues

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom