😑😑😑

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
What the heck do I do.? I got the proT5 Arcadia kit 12% 24w, whole kit. It came with two brackets, two tiny screws and two of those plastic screw holders. How in the heeeeeck do I get it to where I can hang it on my lid.???? The brackets do not fit on the back of the fixture like Google says and the instructions don't tell you how to put it either. According to the instructions, it looks like the brackets go on the side but then the power cord is in the way. What in the world do I do. I'm going to freak out

Attachments

• 20230214_134643.jpg
    20230214_134643.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230214_134632.jpg
    20230214_134632.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230214_134619.jpg
    20230214_134619.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230214_134556.jpg
    20230214_134556.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 53

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
What the heck do I do.? I got the proT5 Arcadia kit 12% 24w, whole kit. It came with two brackets, two tiny screws and two of those plastic screw holders. How in the heeeeeck do I get it to where I can hang it on my lid.???? The brackets do not fit on the back of the fixture like Google says and the instructions don't tell you how to put it either. According to the instructions, it looks like the brackets go on the side but then the power cord is in the way. What in the world do I do. I'm going to freak out
i attached my uvb inside using zip ties

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
i attached my uvb inside using zip ties
The holes in my lid are too tiny and if I hook the brackets on the side like it seems it's supposed to be, I can't get the zip ties around the power cord without bending the cord at a sharp angle.

Hobama

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Reginald/Reggie
The holes in my lid are too tiny and if I hook the brackets on the side like it seems it's supposed to be, I can't get the zip ties around the power cord without bending the cord at a sharp angle.
ive never had a uvb with the brackets and stuff but with mine i have a mesh lid and had to make holes in it with a pair of scissors that would fit the zip ties. if you dont want to make holes in your lid though i would wait for a reply from someone who is more experienced with the kind of uvb you have

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
here ya go
The box says it has to be minimum 15 inches but if we fix it to the inside against the lid, it's way less than 15 inches and the holes in the lid are super small so I feel just setting it on top would be pointless. What can we do.?

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
the distance for this if it is inside the cage is 12-15 inches. i've got a 4x2x2 enclosure and my lights are inside. how tall is your enclosure?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
the distance for this if it is inside the cage is 12-15 inches. i've got a 4x2x2 enclosure and my lights are inside. how tall is your enclosure?
It's 2 feet tall. This is what we did, according to thr tape measure, from his basking spot, it's about 16 inches or so.

Attachments

• 20230214_151543.jpg
    20230214_151543.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230214_151613.jpg
    20230214_151613.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 63

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Those brackets are tough, but if you tilt it and start 1 side you can pop the other on. They are a pain in the rump though. I dunno if you can zoom in enough to see but I'll post a pic of mine. I drilled the hole in the middle a little bigger so i could stick a machine bolt through and i used wasers, nuts, and some chain that came with some florescent lights to hang mine.

Attachments

• 20221130_173238.jpg
    20221130_173238.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 49

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Those brackets are tough, but if you tilt it and start 1 side you can pop the other on. They are a pain in the rump though. I dunno if you can zoom in enough to see but I'll post a pic of mine. I drilled the hole in the middle a little bigger so i could stick a machine bolt through and i used wasers, nuts, and some chain that came with some florescent lights to hang mine.
We got it flush to the lid with bread ties and clasping the brackets on the side. That was a pain in the butt. It's about 16 inches from his basking spot and seems to be holding okay. I'm just glad we got him the right lighting.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We got it flush to the lid with bread ties and clasping the brackets on the side. That was a pain in the butt. It's about 16 inches from his basking spot and seems to be holding okay. I'm just glad we got him the right lighting.
Ok you may haft to get a higher piece of basking decor - distance is critical along w/ placement ---

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Ok you may haft to get a higher piece of basking decor - distance is critical along w/ placement ---
Me to, the correct uvb is SO important for them.
Also, I fell asleep ans when I got up to look into his tank and couldn't find him ANYWHERE. I was freaking out. I leaned into his tank and saw him under his hide. But not just that, he burrowed his head through two layers of paper towels. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Attachments

• 20230214_200439.jpg
    20230214_200439.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 45

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Also, I fell asleep ans when I got up to look into his tank and couldn't find him ANYWHERE. I was freaking out. I leaned into his tank and saw him under his hide. But not just that, he burrowed his head through two layers of paper towels. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
That is normal --- does he have a hide? If not I would get one for him and put some strips of fleece in the hide so he can burrow in that

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris πŸ’”
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😒
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom