Taking in a foster

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Taking in a foster

Postby NBGwen » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:27 pm

The vet visits aren't my choice...he's under the pervue of the SPCA. I don't have him yet...his arrival has now been delayed until Wednesday. I'll be meeting the officers and Carl at the vet that day then bringing him home. I just hope that the temp home he is at right now has adequate conditions for him.
“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby AHBD » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:31 pm

O.K, my misunderstanding. It seemed like he had been seen by the vet after he was taken by the SPCA.
BTW, can you get newspapers from a friend, coworker neighbor ? And for basking just get a nice log from outside to bake in the oven at 250 for an hour, nothing pine though.
Last edited by AHBD on Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby NBGwen » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:35 pm

Oh sorry, yes he had a cursory check, but the vet he is going to on Wednesday is one who used to have a beardie and treated them before...specifically, she operated on my Evee (successfully) when I had her. So, until he sees her, he is 'waiting'. Frustrating, I'm dying to meet him so I can assess his needs better. That video is very grainy. I'm assuming a big part of his care will be trust building.
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

Postby AHBD » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:37 pm

Barring him having Y.F. I think he'll prob. do well for you. :)
BTW, can you get newspapers from a friend, coworker neighbor ? And for basking just get a nice big flat or rounded rock or a few bricks, wash in hot soapy water with vinegar added, rinse well. A show box will work also, until he poos on it. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby NBGwen » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:47 pm

I could probably get some from my parents. Good ideas on the basking rock. I'm anxious to get him home 😊
― Marthe Troly-Curtin
NBGwen
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to General Discussion