How do your beardies sleep? (when with you.)

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

How do your beardies sleep? (when with you.)

Postby Aquilist » Fri May 03, 2019 4:53 am

So, I want to hear some cute stories about how beardies act(particularly sleep,) when out of thrir tank.
Basically, my 3-month-old baby is out of his tank for the first time. Popcorn decided the best thing to do would be to crawl into my pyjama sleeve, curl up, and go to sleep. Very cute!
However, I now can't move my arm, due to tiny sleepy beardie, and typing one-handed takes ages. Anyway, what are some other adorable stories?

[Click image to enlarge]
Giving my grades up for adoption, because I can't raise them myself.
I like lizards
Aquilist
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: How do your beardies sleep? (when with you.)

Postby CooperDragon » Fri May 03, 2019 4:58 am

Generally they seek out cozy dark places where they feel warm and protected. A sleeve is a pretty popular option. When one of my guys was a baby he used to climb up to the top of my chest with his nose at my neck and fell asleep. My current guy doesn't really snuggle much with people but he'll find a corner and dock his nose with the corner of the wall and curl up to sleep. The image in my signature is Dundee sleeping on a game system underneath a shelf which was one of his favorite cozy spots in the house.
CooperDragon

Postby kingofnobbys » Fri May 03, 2019 7:35 am

Cleo never seeks out a dark place , she'll go off to sleep as high as she can get on "her" piece of gumtree bark , or ontop the fake rock grotto.

Caesar likes to sleep on the warmed tile infront of or beside the fake hollow 1/2 log , and sometimes he'll go off to sleep standing up against side wall or in back corner in the cool zone of the rearing tub.

Peppa nearly always slept ontop her jumbo sized hubbahut.

Rex liked to go under his jumbo sized hubbahut and push the paper towels up to block the "entries" .

Puff liked to sleep under his jumbo sized hubbahut but always with his head poking out.

Toothless was like Rex only he'd drag the paper towels in with him in his mouth and used them like a blanket.

Don't get me started on how my skinks sleep. Very funny positions.

On me - my habit is to get them really relaxed on my tummy and lift the front of my t-shirt over them so only their head is not covered.
Last edited by kingofnobbys on Fri May 03, 2019 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17.
Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
Gecko : Godzilla the hatchling GEHYRA GECKO (hatched May 2019)
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Fri May 03, 2019 7:49 am

^ proof they've all got their preferences :lol:
CooperDragon

Postby Aquilist » Fri May 03, 2019 4:41 pm

kingofnobbys wrote:Cleo never seeks out a dark place , she'll go off to sleep as high as she can get on "her" piece of gumtree bark , or ontop the fake rock grotto.

Caesar likes to sleep on the warmed tile infront of or beside the fake hollow 1/2 log , and sometimes he'll go off to sleep standing up against side wall or in back corner in the cool zone of the rearing tub.

Peppa nearly always slept ontop her jumbo sized hubbahut.

Rex liked to go under his jumbo sized hubbahut and push the paper towels up to block the "entries" .

Puff liked to sleep under his jumbo sized hubbahut but always with his head poking out.

Toothless was like Rex only he'd drag the paper towels in with him in his mouth and used them like a blanket.

Don't get me started on how my skinks sleep. Very funny positions.

On me - my habit is to get them really relaxed on my tummy and lift the front of my t-shirt over them so only their head is not covered.

How many bearded dragons do you have?!?!
Never enough!
Giving my grades up for adoption, because I can't raise them myself.
I like lizards
Aquilist
Newbie Poster

Postby Tayraye » Fri May 17, 2019 8:42 am

Usually I'll bring Falcor to bed for some night time snuggles, but he won't fall asleep until he's laying right on me. :,)
Tayraye
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie Tales