Is my dragon ready to breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardybaby

Hi all,

I have one dragon who is less than a year old (11 months), but she is bigger than all of my other dragons. She is over 500 grams and has been for over a month now.

She seems ready to breed, and I really would like to breed her, but I don't want to jump in too soon. As I haven't been in a situation like this before with a dragon so large/mature so quickly, I thought I'd ask the experts...

She seems ready, and I was planning to maybe breed her when she is 12/13 months old, but I just wanted to make sure there are no unforseen consequences of doing so as I don't want to cause her any harm. She's an awesome dragon - I love her - and so it wouldn't be worth it.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I would wait another 4-5 months, although some young dragons are already laying infertile eggs by 12 months. You'll hear people say that you need to wait until they are 2 years old but that's not so, but you should wait until closet to a year + a half.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
More to the point , are YOU READY to care for 30 or more very hungry hatchlings (could be just one clutch of eggs from 2 or 3 clutches for the season) for up to 8 weeks ?

Providing live insects 3 times per day, housing to ensure they are not overcrowded , heat , UV FOR ALL.

And have you had the male and female tested for ADV ?
if ADV positive ==> YOU SHOULD NEVER BREED THEM.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
kingofnobbys":q5vgj9ic said:
More to the point , are YOU READY to care for 30 or more very hungry hatchlings (could be just one clutch of eggs from 2 or 3 clutches for the season) for up to 8 weeks ?

Providing live insects 3 times per day, housing to ensure they are not overcrowded , heat , UV FOR ALL.

And have you had the male and female tested for ADV ?
if ADV positive ==> YOU SHOULD NEVER BREED THEM.

True. Do you own leopard geckos (male,female)? If so, try breeding them first, their easier and you don't get 30+ all at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom