8 month old beardie not eating

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

8 month old beardie not eating

Postby deniselovestochat » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
she has not ate for the past 3 days. I leave greens in the cage everyday. she was eating well before this I tried giving her favourite hornworms she ate them but nothing else. she is not shedding and looks healthy still she is a little chubby. I changed the uba light that is the only thing I did, It has been very cold here in Canada for the past few days could she be going into brumation. I have no other dragons so it could not be eggs. I use paper towel as substrate and clean it every other day.[Click image to enlarge]
Last edited by deniselovestochat on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
mom of a bearded dragon named Spyro
deniselovestochat
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: 8 month old beardie not eating

Postby AHBD » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi Denise, can you post pics of your dragon and it's set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

And yes, it may be brumation if the dragon is [ is her name Spike ? ] is a good size + weight, that would be perfectly fine.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby deniselovestochat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:04 am

AHBD wrote:Hi Denise, can you post pics of your dragon and it's set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

And yes, it may be brumation if the dragon is [ is her name Spike ? ] is a good size + weight, that would be perfectly fine.

her name is Spyro she is in a 39 gallon exo tara tank but will be upgraded soon.
deniselovestochat
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello,

Spyro looks very good, a big girl at 8 months. Did she brumate this season?
Has she ever laid any infertile eggs before?
A lot of times, at or around 6-7 months, they change their eating preferences quite a bit. Some
will even slow down to do a partial brumation at that age, but not always. She will still grow in
length more & may fill out more also. What is her weight, do you know?

Tracie
Drache613

Postby deniselovestochat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:03 am

Drache613 wrote:Hello,

Spyro looks very good, a big girl at 8 months. Did she brumate this season?
Has she ever laid any infertile eggs before?
A lot of times, at or around 6-7 months, they change their eating preferences quite a bit. Some
will even slow down to do a partial brumation at that age, but not always. She will still grow in
length more & may fill out more also. What is her weight, do you know?

Tracie

she never laid eggs before but now she is getting restless and tarring up her cage. I have paper towel on the bottom and she rips it up. should I put dirt on the bottom to see if she will lay eggs. I have eco earth that I had for a frog but it passed away it was not used by the frog. I don't know her weight but she is a big girl. She will eat bugs every three days now and eat her greens everyday.
deniselovestochat
Newbie Poster

Postby deniselovestochat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:05 am

I almost had a 90 gallon exo tara for her but I posted a add on kijiji for a front opening cage for her.
deniselovestochat
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Hello,

She could quite possibly be getting ready to lay or is at least developing follicles & may or may
not lay.
Paper towels are fun for them to shred as long as they don't eat them once they shed them. LOL
I would recommend getting a large plastic bin & fill it with potting soil without any fertilizers, etc
in it mixed with washed & sifted playsand which is safer than vermiculite or perlite. Just make it
at least 8-12 inches deep & moist enough to hold up to her digging a burrow if she wants to.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER