Some Good News - Akasha

If you just got a new beardie, introduce your beardie to the community! If you're a newcomer, say hello and introduce yourself.

Some Good News - Akasha

Postby bayoupig5 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:05 am

So many of my posts lately have been bleak. I thought it was time for some good news. Meet Akasha or as I lovingly call her "Kasha Kashi". She is a re-home. I got her in late September just before Emmalee's passing. We are still getting to know each other, but when I picked her up from her previous owner they could not believe how calm she was with me. Apparently, she is a bit of a wild card, but I have yet to see this myself. She loves salad! I finally have a dragon that loves salad. She is two years old, and the biggest dragon I have ever seen or had. Emmalee used to be my largest at 18.5 inches and 585 grams, but Kasha Kashi tops that. She is a remarkable 20 inches and 610 grams!!!

My Dragons - LITTLEFOOT, STINKBOMB ("Stinky"), AKASHA
RIP - EMMALEE (Feb 2009 - Oct 2018)
bayoupig5
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Some Good News - Akasha

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Wow 20'' is a big dragon! She looks nice and healthy though, especially for a rehome/rescue.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby bayoupig5 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:54 am

Yeah, she is in very good shape. The family that I got her from had a ton of reptiles, 6 bearded dragons, monitors, tortoises, ameiva, and snakes. The house was full, every nook and cranny was filled with reptiles. All of them though were in the perfect conditions, with proper lighting, viv size, etc. I was very impressed with how well they were all taken care of and it was so good to see. Unfortunately, due to major health concerns with their daughter they had to down size their collection due to travel to the specialized hospital 4 hours away.
My Dragons - LITTLEFOOT, STINKBOMB ("Stinky"), AKASHA
RIP - EMMALEE (Feb 2009 - Oct 2018)
bayoupig5
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby AHBD » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:30 pm

Nice to see your new big girl. :) Looks like a trans with the black eyes. What a bonus that she eats her greens, and she must be very solid because she does not look her weight at all. I hope she has a long + happy life with you. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Landlsmom » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:54 pm

Shes so adorable and big! That's awesome. I can't wait for our little Mushu to grow up big and long. :D Good luck to you and Akasha's adventures.
Live each day as if its your last
Landlsmom
Newbie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:31 pm

Hello,

Your new one is beautiful, I didn't know you had gotten another one last year. :D

Tracie
Drache613

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Introductions