Accidentaly fell around 3-4 feet, Acting Normal-ish. Worried

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Accidentaly fell around 3-4 feet, Acting Normal-ish. Worried

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:40 pm

About two minutes ago Loki was happily running around my shoulders, and While I was holding him, He jumped off of my arm, and Before I Could grab him He fell off of me on to a counter and then fell onto the floor.

He is still active but his beard is sorta black, When he landed I Think he landed on his side, and his Back was a bit crooked, It is now fine and straight looking But His stomach muscles are all clenched up.. I am Very worried and feel horrible, What can I Do? Will he be ok? :( :help: :help:

More Updates coming soon. I Will try to Post some photos soon, He is Acting normal, Bobbing, Active, and Snuggly, But I Still am super worried. :(

[Click image to enlarge]
This was Him a few Days ago.

-HippieLizards.
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Accidentaly fell around 3-4 feet, Acting Normal-ish. Wor

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:41 pm

UPDATE: He is Snuggling on me and His beard is no longer black. He is still acting semi-normal But I Still am worried.
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Drache613 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Hello,

Poor guy, it sounds like he had quite an ordeal. His beard is no longer black? Hopefully he isn't
hurt. Is he able to walk around normally?
Let us know how he is in the morning.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:49 am

keep an eye on him …. if he's not fine tomorrow he'll need a vet visit.
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby HippieLizards » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:07 am

Loki Has Been Very Normal and Happy Today and Last night, He Ate his greens and Bobbed a lot, His Back is looking normal again But It does seem now that when he is running fast or slowly walking his stomach will clench up sometimes. Is That normal?

He Has Been super active, Snuggly, and Hormonal so I am Guessing He's fine. :) I Still will keep a close eye on him.
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 am

HippieLizards wrote:Loki Has Been Very Normal and Happy Today and Last night, He Ate his greens and Bobbed a lot, His Back is looking normal again But It does seem now that when he is running fast or slowly walking his stomach will clench up sometimes. Is That normal?
<<<< may have injured some ribs or hurt his back when he hit the floor on his side ? and it hurts ….
He Has Been super active, Snuggly, and Hormonal so I am Guessing He's fine. :) I Still will keep a close eye on him.

Only way to be sure is ask the vet for some xrays to see if there are any damaged ribs or vertebrae ….
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby HippieLizards » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:15 am

I Will ask my Vet soon, He Has stopped clenching his stomach as much but if it continues I Will try to get an appointment.
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 am

Loki has been fine and active, He has stopped clenching his stomach and has been very eager to eat and such, So I Guess he is fine now. :) Thanks Y'all for your help. :)
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Drache613 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Hello,

I'm happy that Loki is just fine, thankfully! :D Tell him to stop doing swan dives, too.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby HippieLizards » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:46 am

Yes, He is better, But he is still a diving daredevil for now. :roll:
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:18 am

HippieLizards wrote:Yes, He is better, But he is still a diving daredevil for now. :roll:

Very lucky he wasn't seriously injured , see viewtopic.php?f=6&t=244833
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby HippieLizards » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 am

Hmm, Interesting. Good to know. :)
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Beardie ER