Snowpea flowers?

Discuss topics of food for your beardies here.

Snowpea flowers?

Postby NinaAmbroshia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Me and my roommate went to the store and found Snowpea leaves (which is amazing when cooked!) We filled a bag with them. They had the stalks and some buds/flowers on them. I assume they can't have the stalks. But what about the flowers and leaves, could we spoil our girls with the tiny white buds? Or share the leaves with them? Does anybody know?
NinaAmbroshia
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Snowpea flowers?

Postby CooperDragon » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:02 pm

I've offered snow pea pods chopped up but they weren't a big hit. I'm not sure about the flowers but I don't think they are toxic. Sweet peas can be though.
CooperDragon
BD.org Sicko

Postby NinaAmbroshia » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 am

Ok, then I may just start by offering one or two. See if they like them, I remember seeing somewhere that the pods weren't, just wasn't sure about the flowers. :) So wanted to see if someone else had any thoughts on it. Thanks Cooper, I'll be sure to let you guys know what my girl thinks of the flowers.
NinaAmbroshia
Hatchling Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:19 am

Might get a better reception from beardies if the pea pods and peas are crushed and chopped ?
read this http://www.gatewaygardener.com/vegetabl ... -snap-peas
BUT my usual advise is IF IN DOUBT - DON'T.

I've found beardies and BTs like yellows and purples in their flowers ( but I've only offered dandelions , daisies, roses , nasturtion , Lavender, Pansies and NATIVE VIOLET (Viola hederacea), Clover , and Hibiscus (mum had some around her house at Forster and I'd nick some of the flowers for my BTs and beardies - these were a hit !!!).
CBDs: Puff (M)(RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (F)(RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless (M)(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (F) (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (M)(wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (F)(rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy (F) rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old . .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeding