Baby beardie standing up...??

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

Baby beardie standing up...??

Postby SarahHardy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:23 am

Hello!
A couple days ago my friend was over and I told him he could hold my bearded dragon, Mushu. I told him to try and feed some arugula to Mushu and suddenly he stood up on his hind legs and just started eating! :lol: I've never seen this before, and he didn't seem angry at all. Just stood up and munched on his lettuce for a good 3 minutes. Whenever I look this up the only answers I can find are about standing up and leaning against the glass or standing up when they run away. Has anyone ever seen this before and does anyone know if it means anything? Thank you!

[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
SarahHardy
Newbie Poster

Re: Baby beardie standing up...??

Postby branjie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:22 am

Whoah that is adorable!!!!
branjie
Newbie Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:30 am

I've got BTs, and a water skink who do that , even my pig girl Peppa still does it occasionally.

No doubt about it …. the little beardies have some very endearing behaviours and never fail to be entertain.... he really wants what you are giving him …. :)
CBDs: Puff (RIP 10Dec2015 @ 3.2 yrs old (aneurism)),Rex (RIP 16Mar2017 @ 4.6 yrs old,Toothless(sudden unexplained death RIP 26Nov2017) @ 2.1 yrs old.Peppa (born 15Nov2015).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Lucky (wild juvenile), cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.Wriggles (rescued injured),thought she was a big lizard, 7-8 yrs old, died in her sleep, RIP 2Feb2016). Fluffy rescued 14Nov2017 about 4 yrs old .
kingofnobbys
BD.org Addict

Postby Brittany26 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:30 am

Omg that is the cutest bd i've ever seen
Brittany26
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Lol that is adorable. :love10: Daisy will do that sometimes to get to a superworm. She uses her tail as a counter balance and then stands up. It's adorable when she does it and even more adorable when your beardie does it. :D He/she also looks so happy about it. :love10: :love10:
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor, You will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Return to Behavior