Nathaniel, Cierra, Castiel, Freya, Grrl; RIP GABRIEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We never expected to get another dragon, but our neighbours next door wanted to give away Cleo, as he was called. We'd babysat him before, he's such a sweetheart. We nicknamed him Velcro because when he snuggles he never wants to go back to his viv, he hangs on as if he's made out of velcro.

So here he is. Today was his first day with us. He ate 13 supers and ate some squash, not bad for the first day he was here. He's only in a 30 gallon tank, which will be ok for now. He's 18" long but weighs only 200g. We figure he's probably 2 yrs old. Our neighbours rescued him last fall, they found him and a female (which they named Puff) on Craig's list. They were in a 30 gallon dirty tank, with sand and a huge log that took up 1/2 the space in the tank. Leo was at the bottom, he was sooooo skinny. He's gained weight, but never got the attention he deserved. I took some pics today, but will take more tomorrow. I think he remembers our place as didn't get stressed as I expected. No stress marks at all. When we let him run around the living room, he noticed our girls and immediate black beard, so his hormones are working!

He had a bath this morning, had a big poop, no smell, so not worried about parasites.

So here are a few pics, he's a yellow & dark gray, light gray colour.

Under the communal power sun in the living room:
sweetie2008401.jpg

Discovering there are girls in those tanks up above, he has a great black beard for such a skinny boy:
sweetie2008403.jpg

On the couch, he's got a pretty diamond pattern on his back:
sweetie2008412.jpg

sweetie2008413.jpg

Hope you enjoy
Deb and my six dragons :D :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :( :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
We had some sad news this am, our Angel passed away during the night. She was a special rescue we had for just a short year, but we cared for her and she knew she was loved. We adopted Leo last Sunday and April got sick on Monday. We didn't realize how serious her condition was, but just in case we had a vet appointment for today. I think Angel brought Leo into our lives to help us. Leo was in a very small tank, 29 gallon, it's all we had, but we knew it was ok to clean out Angel's viv and give it to Leo. She loved her viv and her logs, so now Leo has inherited them. It's amazing, he had no relocation stress and has checked out all parts of his new home. I know a part of Angel's spirit is in that viv, so we're glad Leo feels comfortable in it. He's already gained alot of weight and is starting a body shed, which is a great thing. He has old retained shed on his tail, his feet and part of his tummy, so I'll be glad when that is all gone. A moderator and friend on this site told me that cocoa butter (nothing added) is the best thing to use on retained shed, removes it all. We're going to get some to help Leo along.

I'll put more pics on over the weekend and I'm going to weigh him in the am, just to see how much he's gained. He has a great appetite, has been eating lots of veggies and supers. He got introduced to raspberries today, didn't quite know what to do with them, but really enjoyed them. We like giving them as treats once in awhile.

Leo's all tucked in and fast asleep under his blankie, he started out in his hide, then changed his mind and settled in beside the logs. He got some sunshine, as we're having very mild weather, enough to open up our balcony doors & let sunshine in the living room. He sure loves the sun, I'll have to take pics of his great little pancake!

Deb and Leo

puffsmama

Sub-Adult Member
Awwwww --

If anything ever happens to me, I want to come back to earth as one of your beardies :lol: :lol: :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I got some great pics of Leo, will get them on here tomorrow, just got home from my sis's 50th, now we're in the same decade again (she's 4 years younger than me). We had a great time & I'm bushed, so will post tomorrow. He's really enjoying himself, loves flirting with our two girls when he catches a glimpse of them & he's gained 4 grams in 5 days. He's eating really well, salad & worms. We've yet to see any relocation stress at all. He's still a snuggle bum and watched the forum earlier today when I was on the computer.

We'll see you all tomorrow!

Deb & Leo

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Here are the new pics of Leo, he's having a good time with us, loves to roam around as much as possible, but seems to be enjoying Angel's viv, her lots and his hide and basking spot. He jumps from one to the other and has a great time, then basks some more, then jumps around some more.

Basking, he's gained 4 grams since last Sunday:
sweetie2008434.jpg

His viv:
sweetie2008435.jpg

sweetie2008437.jpg

Wanting to get out onto the balcony again, early when it was still dark:
sweetie2008438.jpg

discovering that there are girls up above (Issy and Sweetie's vivs are in a row, with Leo's,along the back wall of our living room:
sweetie2008442.jpg

basking again:
sweetie2008452.jpg

"I like this log"
sweetie2008454.jpg

Leo's new shelf, with his hide in the back:
sweetie2008456.jpg

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
I love the basking shots. What a little sweetie he is! He does look very much at home.
Deb.. is it me or is that magnetic ledge supposed to look like a car :roll: :lol:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I forgot to add that he's starting to shed, seems his whole body & tail, beard, 1/2 his face. That's very exciting, as he has alot of retained shed, especially on his legs, feet and tail. Hope it all comes off when he sheds.

We're glad Leo's with us, he won't take Angel's place, but it's has if we got him with her blessing. All I know is his antics help heal our hearts. Glad you're with us, Leo!

Deb

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I think the ledge looks like a car by mistake, but isn't it cute? Rubio has one & so does Issy, they like to lean on them. Leo's likes his to lean on, too. They're easy to clean & light-weight, but will hold up the weight of an adult. The magnets are really strong, and just happen to look like car wheels. They're such a hoot. Issy likes to lie down & peer out from underneath hers at what's going on in the living room. When Rubio & Issy were babies, it was a basking spot, they loved it.

Deb & Leo

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Hi Barbara, Leo is really curious and loves to run and jump everywhere he is. He delights in getting a glance of one of the girls, black beards and bobs everything, even me when I first come into the living room. He's nuts, just like Rubio. We're glad to have him, it's great to see him with energy, doing beardie things.

He's fit right in, loves to snuggle; his long name is Leonardo de Velcro, 'cause once he's clinging to you, he doesn't want to let go. He also loves to swim, so when he gets in the bath, he poops first, I clean & refill the tub and he swims for a good 5 min at least; he's a great swimmer, better than Sweetie I think.

More pics end week, I'm back to work full-time today. UGH...but gotta do it. At least the week of sun that we got gave Roger some energy, too. It was his 63rd birthday yesterday, my mom and dad took us out to lunch, Eric came, too, so it was fun.

Right now, he's running around his viv after finishing his bath. food, soon!

Deb and Leo

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Roger thanks you Barbara, we had a nice lunch with my folks and my son. It was really good. So he's now an official "old fart" and I have the hat to prove it. We have to joke, I'm just glad we've had a week's worth of sun. Leo's in the sun right now, I opened the patio door and the sun's coming into the living room. I'm off to work, more pics end of the week.

Deb and Leo

By the way, Leo is a very good swimmer, almost as good as Sweetie. So that means he'll strengthen up his muscles/joints easier.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Deb,

Leo is such a little cutie pie! :D He does look very happy & actually doesn't look too bad for the condition that he was kept in. I think that he will gain some weight gradually. I am glad that he is enjoying Angel's tank.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom