Bumps on my 9 week old bearded dragons back legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyDraco

hey today i noticed some bumps on my bearded dragons back legs and i was wondering what they were i have taken a pic to show you guys.

is this normal for a beardie of 9 weeks old?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
If you could just point him away, and lift his tail up, and post the pick.

Im not 100% sure, but they may be blocked femoral pores. I would give him a nice warm soak and see if they calm down a bit.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Best advice for a good pic-set your beardie on something so he can't run away, then lift up his tail and focus in on the area. It's still pretty blurry.

MyDraco

Original Poster
Ive just bathed him in warm water and they do seem to have gone down fairly rapidly.
Any idea what they are tho?

Ive tried to get a better picture but i cant, and now they have gone down they can not reli be seen on the pictures.

Chryss

Hatchling Member
It looks pretty normal to me - and I remember hearing if it is male, they are more prominent? Well I am sure Tracy or someone who has more knowledge will answer soon.

MyDraco

Original Poster
RolandKyramere":72716 said:
Now that I look at it again, those do look like the femoral pores. They were discussing a more extreme case on this thread viewtopic.php?p=980184 Here's another bump so that hopefully someone with medical experience sees!

that is disgusting i hope he doesnt turn out like that :(

crickest

Juvie Member
I think what you are seeing is the normal femoral pores of a male bearded dragon. This is part of his sexual equipment. They are more pronounced on a male. Don't squeeze or pick at them. They are a normal part of his "package".

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
yes, it just means you have to give him baths more often to help clear the waxy substance that often blocks them. Perhaps three times a week??

MyDraco

Original Poster
Buggsy":49be8 said:
yes, it just means you have to give him baths more often to help clear the waxy substance that often blocks them. Perhaps three times a week??

i normally bath him once a day is that too much?

Emeraldcoast

Juvie Member
i normally bath him once a day is that too much?

You can dry out your beardies natural oils with too much bathing. I, too, love to give my beardies baths several times a week. Buy some virgin coconut oil. Keep it in a cool, dark, area, like your cabinet. If it begins to spoil, you will know by the odor. Take a little bit and massage it into your hands. After doing this, you can then massage it gently onto your dragons skin. Be careful not to enter the eyes, mouth, ears, or nose. It is helpful with shedding, and it remoisturizes their skin. It smells great. It smells so good, you want to kiss your beardie all over! :D

It appears from the pics, that it is as the others stated: male femoral pores. Give your boy a hug and cuddle from me!

Emerald

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
I have never heard of that emerald, I do still have the dragon soap which i use every few days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom