Why does his beard not turn black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Ok i have a question about Kinno. Hes male 13 months old tomorrow. He had never had a black black beard its a grey color. I know what a black one looks like thanks to our stud muffin Bobble. Is it because hes a Leucistic/Hypo Orange Glow/Citrus x Leucistic. Hes a pretty mellow guy only Chimaira(adult female) can get him to turn his beard grey.

This is as dark as it gets.
P1160145.jpg

P1160152.jpg

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh *whew* ok i always wondered because our 10 month old has the jet black down the chest blackbeard since he was 5 months old. Guess Kinno is a late bloomer lol

Thanks!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
My hubby says hes we-ta-did. He has this blank look on his face half the time. But i set him free and he runs all over the viv room maken sure to headbob every viv. But not one blackbeard. 99% of the time he dosnt grey beard either lol Even with Bobble face to face headbobbing and blackbearding. Hes like dude your not worth muh time. I thought maybe it was because he was so pail in color it comes out grey lol Gah wishfull thinking.

fez09

Extreme Poster
That's funny! My husband says the same thing about poor little Fez! He's never even headbobbed though! On the same note, I have never seen Fiona show stress marks, blackbeard or anything. She's just mellow all the time. Belle will show stress marks when she wants out of her viv (same with Fez and Mo) I think it's just their individuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom