average price of a frilled dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
i have always wanted a frilled dragon and just ran across a 2yr old male who is supposed to be tame and healthy for $130 what is the going price for such a lizard? what are their uvb requirements?.

melissajo29

Juvie Member
that's not a bad price considering the age..... i've seen babies go from $100-$200. the uv requirements are the same as a beardie, temps can be 5-10 degrees f higher. they are not as easy to care for as beardies, and they need lots of climbing space......

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i ended up buying it but its very very sick. i took it to save it it hadent seen food or water the old owner admits in days it looked like alot longer. it was dehydrated and is very very thin it was too weak to stand when it tried it would shake for the first few days we had to hold its head above water in the bath because she couldent hold her head up and turned out to be a she. i drove so far for the little bugger and when i got there the lizard was freezing cold i dont think he had heat in his car to transport a lizard! the lizard looked terrible i felt really bad for it and the guy wouldent back down on his price.i ended up taking it home anyway

melissajo29

Juvie Member
omg! well i'm glad you saved her from him! critical care is great and they usually readily eat it from a syringe-the vet needs to prescribe it. give that a try. if you can't, then try chicken baby food with worms and greens in the blender-that helped me nurse a beardie back to health within weeks! poor little thing :( good luck-keep us posted

Starforce2

Juvie Member
post some pix of it's progress. I honestly never knew you could even have these as pets (thought they were endangered) but good luck with it.

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
Original Poster
they make wonderful pets. roxie is doing great! the shake she had is gone she begs for food and has so much personality. she can even lift her front feet off the ground now.i will post some updated pics of roxie sometime tommorow its been a hard day and i just want to go to bed we lost one of our beloved bearded dragons today

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
I am very sorry to hear about your beardie but I am very happy that this frillie has had the good fortune of you coming into her life. Definitely post some pics! People like Roxie's previous owner just disgust me. What is the matter with them? Don't they have any compassion? How would they like it if someone treated them that way? :banghead:

*Sigh*

Well, again, at least Roxie is in good hands now. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom