Beardy not pooping but eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, looking for a bit of advise or reasurrance really, Guinevere is 1 year old and seems pretty healthy,she has the ideal setup with lights and everything. she is eating really well with good helping of salad during the day and Cricks and Supers in the evening and more salad which she even takes by hand.My worry is she has not had a good poo for a week now, she doesnt seem bloated, I have given her baths and rubbed the tummy but there seems to be no hard or lumpy bits so I cant work it out. Is she sick or is she just being normal, ohh the only other thing is that for the first time her water dish was totally dry this morning.
Any advice please guys, if there is anything wrong I want to catch it before it becomes a real problem.
Thanks.
Mike

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Sorry your beardie isn't feeling well :( .
What are your basking temperatures and what are you using to measure them?
How long has she been eating supers? You may want to start feeding supers in the AM so she has more time to digest them and then do crickets at night.
To help with the poop, you can feed a mixture of chicken and squash babyfood (I use Gerber, but I'm not sure what you have available in Ireland), applesauce (no sugar/spices), and/or pumpkin (no sugar/spices). You can add a drop or two of olive oil to any of these to help lubricate the digestive tract.
Sara

superbiker

Original Poster
Hi Sara
Basking temp has dropped a little low but still touching the 100 mark I dont think thats the problem but I am going to try a few things tomorrow,problem is general temp at moment is minus 2 daytime dropping to minus 10 at night,hopefully this cold spell will soon end. I am going to try the apple and Olive oil tomorrow when i get up (working till 1am) and hope that helps.She is acting normal in all respects and doesnt seem at all unwell but I am just very concerned about the poop issue because it seems to be cause of so many problems if reading these forums is anything to go by. Thanks for advice though and will be heeded.
Mike

superbiker

Original Poster
Haa good news, did the veggie and apple with some olive oil and 15 mins later sitting having brekky and while watching up she lifted and huge poop, in fact she ran off from it and went into her box and sat peeping out until I got up and cleaned it all away. All is well for the moment guys and we have a happy Gwen.

ABLuvsKatie

WOW, that worked! I did a search and found this thread. On my way out to pick the kids up from school, I gave Katie some apples dipped in olive oil. By the time I got back just now (45 minutes later), she had POOPED! It had been about a week so I was starting to worry...yea that was a week's worth!

I offered her one apple before I left and she licked it. It doesn't look like she actually ate any while I was gone. Could that one little lick, a drop or two, have done the trick?

We're relieved and she's GOT to feel better! Thanks!

Cynthia

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
ABLuvsKatie":16d84 said:
WOW, that worked! I did a search and found this thread. On my way out to pick the kids up from school, I gave Katie some apples dipped in olive oil. By the time I got back just now (45 minutes later), she had POOPED! It had been about a week so I was starting to worry...yea that was a week's worth!

I offered her one apple before I left and she licked it. It doesn't look like she actually ate any while I was gone. Could that one little lick, a drop or two, have done the trick?

We're relieved and she's GOT to feel better! Thanks!

Cynthia

It's very possible. It doesn't take much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom