Beardie Acting Crazy.... Need Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuincysBoo

Hatchling Member
I have a bearded dragon that is approximately 10 months old and for the past two days she been trying to get out of her cage. Scratching the windows and all.. i let her out and she runs around for a few minutes and finds a place to sleep.. well when i put her back into her cage she scratching and trying to get out again.. what could be wrong with her??? :?: :? :?:

Tracey

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hi Tracey... how are your beardies temps? Sometimes when they're a little high beardie wants out.
Have you changed anything in her viv lately?

QuincysBoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She go a new cage about a month ago... that is about it.. She seemed to like the new cage till now...In the back there is a big ventilation area and such .... she actually been eating better and so forth...I could check over all temp... It might be fluctuating... A lil but not much...

Tracey

QuincysBoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
her MVB temp is 100-101 and the other side just has a fluorescent light this is a 48-60 inch cage..

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello again!

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but if you could answer these questions it would surely help.

Is the mvb new by any chance?
What mvb do you have?
What size is the enclosure?
Are you using a lower watt bulb in your coolend?
What temps are you getting in the coolend?
What are you measuring the temps with? digital thermometer w/probe, stick on, dial, or temp gun?

QuincysBoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MVB (PowerSun UVB) about a month old. Measures everything correctly, vet used a UVB gun and temp gun to check it for effectiveness. .. it is on the far left side of cage 100-101 watt- approx 100 degrees under light. The cooler end is 75-80 degrees check with a digital temp... The light strip on the other side just for light not heat... There is a big ventilation on the back wall of cage... I actually got the cage from a pet shop, it was giving to me.. It measures 60" Long (5 Feet), 24 1/2" Deep, 25 1/2" Wide, all wood with plexi-glass front... She is approx 10 months old, she had just started this recently, she just keep scratching at the window, there is times she is quiet then if I go by her cage she does this and sometimes she just does it, I have been opening her cage and making a little area outside the cage so when she comes out she has a play area.. Sometimes she comes out and some she don't... I used the same bulb in a 55 gallon aquarium/cage before I had gotten this one, she been eating fine, has good energy alert and such. I even hold her she lays there for a minute but then wants loose.. I think she just wants to roam around and such lol... :mrgreen:

Tracey

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello again Tracey,

Well your temps sound good. There are only a few things I can come up with that would possibly explain scratching or odd behavior. I know that some of the Powersun mvb's were having issues. Mostly I believe it was eye issues though. Here is the thread if you would like to read over it just in case viewtopic.php?f=6&t=105629
Is your beardie only scratching at the glass? Has she been digging at all? Have you felt her belly for eggs, in the case that she could be gravid?
I don't know what else to think other than she just really wants out... LOL

QuincysBoo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She never did this in her other cage where I used the same lighting, and felt her stomach and such i was thinking the same way but I thought she needed to be a year old for the egg thing.. Anyway not sure she is acting this way... She is digging, like I said I can open the cage and she will stay in there most times, sometimes comes out... Not sure.. The light was checked for effectiveness and overly effectiveness.. I read that post also that is why I had my vet check the light before using it...

Tracey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom