Oldest Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUPilot

I've only made a couple of posts on here over the years, but I've been wondering for some time how old a bearded dragon can be? Spike, my beloved beardie, recently passed away shortly after his 13th birthday. No one I've spoken with has heard anything more than a rumor of one older, but I've always wondered how many dragons make it to the 10+ range, and how far past that some have gone?

Spike was a great boy, and I take a lot of comfort in the fact he lived a good long life. I'm curious who else has been as fortunate to have such a long-term companion?

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Wow Lance that must be some kind of record! Gizmo is only 3 so i hoping there will be many more years of fun in her!

Did he/she suffer with any kind of arthritus etc at such a ripe old age? It just shows how well you take care of them!

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
velcro was atleast 11 when he passed away. no one knew hes actual age as he was dumped at a pet store when he was at least 4.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Thanks, yeah he suffered from arthritis and was partially blind! I hand fed him the last year of his life as he could barley move. He got up in the morning came out and basked until I picked him up. But he was in good spirits and not in any pain. He loved to sit on my shoulder but the best is when he propped his head on up next to mine! Ill have to dig out the old memory stick and see if I can find pictures of him. Miss you ol boy!! :roll:

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
ARRGHH !! This is a topic I hate to talk about ! I just can't imagine losing my baby !! But I was wondering the same thing.. I read their life spans was anywhere from 9 yrs to 12 yrs. But wow Lance, ... 17 ?? Good ol slave you are !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom