Isopods, pill bugs, roly-polys

Status
Not open for further replies.

romanfj

Hatchling Member
Does anyone know whether beardies can eat these? Well, OK, they probably CAN, but are they nutritious/safe? I can't seem to find nutritional info anywhere.

Thanks.
Frank

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you are feeding from outside, they arn't safe because of the chance of introducing parasites and pesticides to your dragons. As for nutritional value, im not sure but they do have a pretty hard shell which can't be good.

-Brandon

runningguy

Hatchling Member
I'm also looking at other types of bugs, besides the normal listed on this site, and I agree the hard shell of roly-polys might be a problem. I'm thinking of trying spikes/maggots, which are blue bottle larvae. I would also consider crain fly (leather jacket) larvae if I could find a breeder. They don't require heat like crickets, etc. They are thriving here in WA state but they are considered a pest and the state would like to control them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom