blue beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie23

Hi i have been searching for a blue beardie for a very long time and i finally found some pictures of one..I was wondering if anyone knows where to find this type of beardie..It would be a great help if someone knows a breeder or is a breeder.. willing to pay top dollar for one.
Lizard144.jpg

Lizard143.jpg

Radioflyr

Hatchling Member
Most that are this dark as babies will lighten up with each shed. I have never seen an adult beardie with still deep dark blue coloring but I guess its not impossible. Maybe some one more experienced knows more than myself.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Sorry but there are no blue beardies. The dark greyish blue some babies show will not stay, it always fades away.

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
There must be something wrong with my eyes . . . all I see is a stressed out baby beardie eating. I can't see any blue tint. Is something wrong with my eyes?

Gail

BD.org Addict
OgleRpets":bdb87 said:
There must be something wrong with my eyes . . . all I see is a stressed out baby beardie eating. I can't see any blue tint. Is something wrong with my eyes?

No, there is nothing wrong with your eyes. Its not really blue but a dark slate gray, on my monitor it looks a tad blueish but almost every hatchling I've seen is that color. It usually fades in a few days but I've seen some retain the color for a couple months.

anyone else notice the substrate stuck to the babies tongue in the pic with the grape? Hope the little fellow doesn't get impacted.

Radioflyr

Hatchling Member
Gail":4ac1b said:
OgleRpets":4ac1b said:

No, there is nothing wrong with your eyes. Its not really blue but a dark slate gray, on my monitor it looks a tad blueish but almost every hatchling I've seen is that color. It usually fades in a few days but I've seen some retain the color for a couple months.

anyone else notice the substrate stuck to the babies tongue in the pic with the grape? Hope the little fellow doesn't get impacted.

Not to mention the grapes are probably coated with crushed walnut shells.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
yeah that is just a normal

there are breeders that are working with a strain that appears lavendar (translucent) but its uncertain if that color will eventually fade out as most trans become quite dull once they get older. in all honesty why do you want a blue dragon. you know what has to happen to create a new color correct? line/inbreeding is the normal practice when trying to create a new color or morph within the bearded dragon world. than it takes a few generations to work out the crap that that caused and even then you get numbers of them that have big health problems. i say just stick with what we already have in the market instead of hoping for yet another abomination of the p. vitticeps.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
I fell for the "blue" baby beardie thing too when I was first starting out.......my "blue" baby ended up being yellow. :? So blue side bars is about all the blue you can currently get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom