Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]
Important Questions Regarding Bearded Dragon Care

Post by whiskersmom on Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:48 am

[edited by beardie to add the following]
For those who are about to cut and paste this list for someone to answer, please stop and read this for a moment. Do not take this whole list and past it as a response to someone seeking help. While I understand there are questions needed, it's starting to become apparent that the increased posting of this list of questions is becoming a bit of a turn-off to people coming here to seek advice and assistance. It's not that they have to answer a few questions, but that it is being presented that they must fill out this questionnaire before anyone will talk to them, making their first encounter with the community a rather impersonal one. If you do take from this list of questions to paste, please select the specific questions that are relevant, and include a bit more of a personal note in your response.

If you are seeking help, offering as many answers to these questions as you can will help people try to provide more complete and accurate advice, so please do try and answer as many as you can, if you initially post with answers to the question list.

Thanks. -Alex
[/end of edit]

Please, when introducing your bearded dragon or asking for advice, it would help if you could answer these questions and then copy and paste them into your thread.

Thank you.

How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? Is it a white or colored bulb?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
I think a lot of us missed them. All the moderators are going to read them over to see if they should be changed or updated at all.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Thanks Diane! I was looking high and low for them the other day because I was to lazy to write them out.
I had to ask Vicky where they went it was driving me nuts that I couldn't find them. :lol:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Original Poster
We missed them too, had to make them available once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom