lego's safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcurrie76

ok so i tried to look up lego's used in there homes and every posting was removed. so i was wondering is it ok to use it or not i was just wondering cause i thought it would look cool and my son wants to build him a house to sleep in.

gini

Sub-Adult Member
hmmm... never thought of that one. My son is 16 so he really doesn't play with them anymore... I think it would be okay, if they were the bigger ones. I would be afraid if somehow it got knocked over (made with the small lego's) that a beardie could eat one. That would cause some damage. I don't know, maybe someone else will chime in here...

cadjockey

I would suggest, if using small legos, that you glue the pieces together so you don't have to worry about getting them bumped over. (A toxic free glue) I think the chance of it being eaten is too great unless you are prepared to do some major vet bills to retrieve the pieces. :banghead:

Of course you may not be able to reuse the pieces later so I would recommend investing in legos that belong to you and not your little brother. :angry5:

You can get quite creative with lego...imagine what the viv's would look like with USS Enterprise 'ANCHORED' to the side (did you note the 'safety' word). You don't want pieces toppling over and squishing poor Gismo. :banghead:

If someone actually does this, do you think you could post a pic. :blob5:

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
what an amazing idea!!

i wonder how many legos it would take though, to build a 4x2x2 enclosure.

thought :idea: would the legos melt under the basking light? :dontknow: just popped in2 my head

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Yes they will melt if to close to the light! Also they will get very hot!! Although it would look neat!! Good luck... :D

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Didn't think about them melting... :cry: I was all set to send the son to the basement to bring up the footlocker of forgotten lego's... Maybe the cool end....hmm

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
i wonder if its documented somewhere what the melting point of a lego is?

anybody good at reasearch?

gini

Sub-Adult Member
son says around 230 degrees for melting point. He's so quick. I think I will give him a project for the evening as he's grounded... :lol:

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
should i even ask :roll: what's he grounded for?

and 230 melting pt? that's plenty of room for error in temps in the viv... as long as the light fixtures arent touching the legos it could actually work

This is sounding like a better and better idea all the time. what about ventilation? and i suppose you could put the tile directly on top of the lego base

interesting...

gini

Sub-Adult Member
ajkry2":d5737 said:
should i even ask :roll: what's he grounded for?

and 230 melting pt? that's plenty of room for error in temps in the viv... as long as the light fixtures arent touching the legos it could actually work

This is sounding like a better and better idea all the time. what about ventilation? and i suppose you could put the tile directly on top of the lego base

interesting...

haha... he tried the old 'spending the night at my friends house' while really at his gf's. Moms figure everything out, I've tried telling him. He was busted by 11pm when my sister drove by his girlfriends house and called to see why his car was there. So busted! He's working on a new cave for Alex now.... :lol:

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
sounds like a boy after my own heart ;)

i'm gonna see if my nephew wants in on this lego viv project. i have a few ideas, i'll have to draw somethin up for him and see if anythings feasable

jcurrie76

Original Poster
ok so I guess this week is lego time. I am using my brothers old lego he used to get a lot for Christmas and when he moved out of my moms she kept them for my son who is now 8 , I cant wait to get started but our first stop will be to the craft store for some glue that is safe. does anyone know of a good brand that i could use. maybe use a pyrmid type top for it ohhh the things to create for him. :blob5: :blob8:

cadjockey

A hot glue gun should work. Less messy if you use small amounts of glue in the holes. It shouldn't take much. The glue sticks are non toxic. Just be sure to remove any glue strings that may attach themselves to the pieces prior to putting it in the viv.

Otherwise, google other craft glues that work on plastic that are non toxic. I'm sure Elmer's brand has something out there. :study: :blob8:

cadjockey

Just curious to see if any one has attempted the lego idea. Haven't noticed any new entries since the 20th or so.

I would try myself, but I'm sure my son would have some nasty words for me if I did :angry5: ....he is ony 5...prime age for legos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom