Bearded Dragon is laying eggs (first hatchlings 10/20/09 pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

seymours

Hatchling Member
I used the too temps gages you are using now plus 1 other and the were all a lil off but i went by the white one provided with the incubator and 81 days later at 83-84 degrees i now have 16 pretty babies. I also had problems at the begining cause i started out with a homade incubator and had too much humidity and my eggs got wet but still made it through once i got my havobator a week later so im sure your eggs will make it :)

mgoetter

Original Poster
update: i checked the eggs for the first time today with a flash light and most of them look great, one already has a nice little embryo, it looks like most of them survived, 2 of the eggs are not looking so good and i think i may have lost them, but i have 3 eggs that are in really good shape now, they are no longer dented, nice oval shape and a nice white color to them

i'm confident i'll atleast get 3 babies out of these eggs :blob8:

mgoetter

Original Poster
I am pretty sure 5 of them will make it.. today i separated the ones that were still sunk in pretty bad from the ones that regained the nice oval shape. I didn't move any of the nice oval ones, didn't want to take any risk.

upper 2 are the ones i think i may lose, the lower 3 dishes all look pretty good
l_6dfa58c73b984481aa531cf6c210150f.jpg

3 in this dish look great, the one is still a little sunken in but it has made a lot of progress since I put them in the incubator, the 2 in the upper right dish also came back to a nice oval shape and the one in the dish to the right also made a lot of progress
l_3341ab140fff43c09dbab0bd01bd848b.jpg

these are the eggs that i think i may lost, all of them have veins in them so i am going to give them another week or so but i wanted to separate them from the good ones just in case

l_6d650762c4fa487ba5ff67575aa4f152.jpg

l_927b57356acd4c7ea45be7f42623f615.jpg

seymours

Hatchling Member
i used the same havobater and got 16 babies out of 22 and that was also my females first clutch, did yuo through the others away i see there not in the tubs, if they arent moldy they still ahve a chance. I had 2 eggs taht looked completey good and werent strong enough to hatch and dies inside. keep your hopes up looks good

mgoetter

Original Poster
seymours":92d85 said:
i used the same havobater and got 16 babies out of 22 and that was also my females first clutch, did yuo through the others away i see there not in the tubs, if they arent moldy they still ahve a chance. I had 2 eggs taht looked completey good and werent strong enough to hatch and dies inside. keep your hopes up looks good

yes, i threw away the ones that are not in the pictures, i saved all the ones i could, some of them started forming yellow spots on the bottom of the egg and were really sunk in even after misting the edges of the container daily for weeks, i was worried about mold and losing the good eggs

cant wait for them to hatch :blob8:

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Aww yay!!
I can't wait to see pics of them when they hatch!!

...There will be pictures...right?
lol

mgoetter

Original Poster
SARBEAR":6358e said:
Aww yay!!
I can't wait to see pics of them when they hatch!!

...There will be pictures...right?
lol

of course.. :D

hopefully sooner then later i will be posting as soon as they hatch

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
mgoetter":a99f5 said:
seymours":a99f5 said:

yes, i threw away the ones that are not in the pictures, i saved all the ones i could, some of them started forming yellow spots on the bottom of the egg and were really sunk in even after misting the edges of the container daily for weeks, i was worried about mold and losing the good eggs

cant wait for them to hatch :blob8:

You should get them out of the trash and freeze the for 12 hours just to make sure they dont hatch in the dump!! Good luck..

hayl55

Juvie Member
check the temp inside the containers, seeing as you have opened and closed the lid several times the temp will have fluctuated alot. so once you are sure your temp in the containers is fine close the lid and try not to open the incubator to much. a thermometer with a prob inside the incubator is the best way to keep an eye on the temp without opening and closing to much. What ever you do DONT give up on your eggs unless the begin to grow mold. I had two eggs that looked brown and yellow and were sunken in, I thought the eggs were dead for sure, but to my surprise, up on cutting it open (boo :( ) two little fleshy bumps with blood vessels popped out with a nice big yolk :( so don't give up, just keep your temps consistent and your humidity high.

mgoetter

Original Poster
after a long wait they finally started hatching today, first one started this morning, very tiny and cute, its tired but looks healthy :blob8:

as the rest hatch i'll put up more pics!

l_ff557348335947399318b12392de76a5.jpg

l_0d1bb32b8940468eb1b41147c3bcb537.jpg

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
:shock: YAY!! I've been waiting forever!! :D
Aww that baby is soo cute!! I can't wait to see the rest! I'll be waiting for pictures :D

mgoetter

Original Poster
SARBEAR":168e4 said:
:shock: YAY!! I've been waiting forever!! :D
Aww that baby is soo cute!! I can't wait to see the rest! I'll be waiting for pictures :D

thanks! you and i both.. been waiting a longg time.. glad they finally started hatching, hopefully the rest come soon :D

heres a pic next to pops :lol:

l_db3b4199e14d4e659ac82f37c1e871a7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom