how many crickets per day????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavey1892

Hatchling Member
Hi
Am wondering how many crickets should you feed your beardie per day?? should you feed him every day or every 2nd day?? had my beardie for a couple of months now, but not sure still. can you over feed beardies aswell? any help will be good :D

thanks cavey

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Hi.

Yes, you need to feed everyday. As many as they want, 2-3 times a day. Mine eats 20-30 per feeding and he's 4 months old. As far as overfeeding... I really don't know. I'm hoping mine just stops when he's full... maybe someone with more experience will chime in on that one...

smurfthebeardie

Juvie Member
Overeating can happen. Feed them in ten minute periods 2-3 times a day.
It rarely becomes an issue, but if a beardie overeats they sometimes skip a day.

Martyn21

Juvie Member
I get crickets where I got my girl from he puts the dayly amount in and I pay 10 pounds a week and he dilevers and checks on her every week so I think I'm quite lucky

cavey1892

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
a try to feed him everyday. sumdays he dosenet eat tho. he dosenet usally eat more than 20 per day tho. would that be enuf?? sometimes when a go to feed him, hes not even intresetes in the crix?? he just looks at them,so a take thum out??

gini

Sub-Adult Member
How old is your beardie? When they are older they don't eat as many. If it's still a baby, it should be eating plenty. Do you feed in its viv or in a separate container?

cavey1892

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hes 2 year old and a feed him in his viv. sometimes he can eat 12 oe day then 6 the other. cheerz

gini

Sub-Adult Member
Mines a baby, so he eats a ton. I have read that when they are adults, such as yours, they don't eat as many feeders. I'm just not sure as to what the proper amount is... maybe someone else will chime in on that... Does he eat any vegees? Should be eating lots of those by now...

cavey1892

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
cool thanks for the help. ave tried giving him veg n fruit but hes no intrested in any of them?? a bought my beardie fo my friend, and he could get him to eat veg or fruit either. any tips? thanks

slacker13

Wow, mine doesn't even come close to 20 a day. Maybe 8 at best and he is a tad over 6 inches now. He is growing well too. I feed him small crickets. I also, feed him super worms, butter worms and a salad every day. His consumption slowed even further on crickets when he started liking the collards, squash and the many other recommended veggies.

I am kind of concerned now that he is not eating as many as he should but he seems very healthy and happy.

bigshoe

Although I dont think my beardie has been 100% himself I put 4 in the tank a couple of hours ago and he munched two straight away and wouldnt even look at the other two until about 10 minutes ago were one got eaten and the other was spared .. again lol.

He is approx 4months and around 6" ( thats exc tail )

I would say along with veg ( loves shredded carrot and green pepper ) he would eat about 8 a day. I have also only had him since Sunday so he may just be settling in.

fez09

Extreme Poster
Fez is about the same, I've been reading about some Beardies eating 30-40 crickets and it blows me away, he only eats about 8-10 per day and LOVES his veggies. These guys are know for their individuality right?!?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
cavey, since your beardie is 2 yrs old, he can actually have 50 small feeders (like crickets) and 35 large feeders (like superworms) a week. It's important that he eat some veggies/greens though. In case you haven't seen this, here's a site that shows the best greens/veggies to feed in green print: http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html You could try putting a little bit of cilantro or small slices of fruit on top of the greens to see if it entices him to eat it.

When they're not thoroughly hydrated, it can affect their appetites so I like to give my beardies baths at least 3 to 4 times a wk, I have done that since they were babies and they love their baths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom