HELP!!!Wont eat, poop, or bask...

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiMane

Hello BD.org Iam a new member since 5 mins ago!

I am having troubles with my BD and would like to know if any of you can help out?
I have had Yoshi for a year now and he has been extremley awesome up until i went on vacation to go to florida...
VIV: have a ESU power center for day time night time setting(12/12) 75 gal. tank with 5.0 repti-glo 40W (LONG!) uv bulb and a 100 watt basking bulb.I also am using a red night time bulb. His temps in the basking area is around 95-105(pending on the day) and his cool side is around 80*
Here is a pic of the set up\/
CIMG2263.jpg

CIMG2266.jpg

AND THE DUDE HIMSELF..\/
CIMG2265.jpg

Back to whats wrong, I left for florida for a week and usualy i hand feed him but since i was leaveing for vaca. I just left him veggies in his VIV. and fed him some superworms before I left. Came back to see he didnt eat any of his veggies and he pooped all over, and on top of that his stool was extremley runny. Since then he has not eaten at all and just sleeps alll day wat could be wrong??

Thank you guys in advace for the replys!!

YoshiMane

Original Poster
This has been ongoing for about a month now since i have came back, dose any one have ne ideas?

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
How old is your UVB bulb? You should also switch it out to a different bulb like the Reptisin 10. Not the reptiglo. The 5.0 just is not strong enough. He is also too far from the UVB. He should be able to get within 6". What is the bulb on the right side? Turn that off and just use that bulb on the left.

Dont use any night bulbs either. If your house isnt getting below 65 at night you don't need any heat for the overnight hours.
What are you using to take your temps with?

YoshiMane

Original Poster
Thanks go fast.
I managed to use a hamoc to get to be closer to the uv bulb he seemed to climb up the wall just to get closer to it, i guess that says right there that 5.0 isnt strong enogh....I will be picking up another bulb today<10.0>. He also pooped today and this is what it looked like
CIMG2267.jpg

Any other tips that i can use to make him feel better, iam VERY worried!!
EDIT:I used a normal house thrmometer you sit in the window but i also use this
41vG948U%2BsL._SL500_SS90_.jpg

YoshiMane

Original Poster
Is this poop normal^?Its only been a couple of days, but he still isnt acting right...new uv(10.0) bulb and he dosnt aknowledge it, mabey i need 2 heat bulbs for my 75 gal tank cause i have a dial thermometer mabey its not readin clearly
i dont know i dont know some help would be NIICE

EDIT: mabey hiviv is just too boring?lol

crickest

Juvie Member
I would recommend getting an Accurite digital probe thermometer from Walmart for $12. It is the indoor/outdoor temp with a long wire. Put the probe under the basking light and the display in the cool corner and you get temps on both ends. Until you get accurite temps its hard to diagnose the issues.

I would suggest getting the poo tested at a vet's office, just to be on the safe side. Even if they aren't a reptile vet they can look for parasites and then you can come back here and get help treating them.

Did you think maybe your beardie is pissed off at you for leaving him for so long? Its pretty common for animals to miss their owners and to get depressed. If he is used to being taken care of and you dumped food in his cage and left him for a week, he might be really upset.

Also, what kind of veggies and feeders are you giving him, and when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom