How to transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
I'm giving my Piggy away this week and the lady who is taking him lives about an hour and a half away from me. I'm wondering about the best way to transport him. I have to take his tank apart to move it so he can't stay in there for the trip. I'm also thinking it may not be the best idea to just keep him on my lap in case he tries to run or something. What's the best way to transport him? Cardboard box or something? How should I make sure he stays warm etc?

john_ny217

Juvie Member
Theresa20":a0f5b said:
I'm giving my Piggy away this week and the lady who is taking him lives about an hour and a half away from me. I'm wondering about the best way to transport him. I have to take his tank apart to move it so he can't stay in there for the trip. I'm also thinking it may not be the best idea to just keep him on my lap in case he tries to run or something. What's the best way to transport him? Cardboard box or something? How should I make sure he stays warm etc?

well considering it is only an hour and a half away, you can pretty much transport however you feel is best. You could hold him for the ride if he likes being held or maybe put a blanket in a box for him to lay on. He doesn't need any food or anything since it is only an hour and a half.

he will be fine.

Theresa20

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I know it's a short trip, but I worry about him. I want him to be comfortable.

Gail

BD.org Addict
A box or small dog crate works good for trips, I always wrapped my adults in a towel then put them in a dog crate.

valcash

Sub-Adult Member
A ferret crate with very soft blankets and (depending on the weather) some heat packs underneath that should be fine. Have a safe trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom