New female Cuban Rock Iguana!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Here's our new female! We got him from a guy who's been unemployed for a year. His reptiles have been living at a friends pet store for a while. We met at the pet store during a reptile club meeting and he met our female and male. We got a call the next day asking if we'd like to buy her. We've been very short of money but we couldn't pass her up!

IMG_2610_.jpg

IMG_2611_.jpg

IMG_2613_.jpg

This is the link to our other female.
http://www.tegutalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2038

This is our male.
http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=98745

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I forgot to post the pics of the females together.

IMG_2618_.jpg

IMG_2619_.jpg

IMG_2626_.jpg

The new (smaller) one finally decided she was going to be dominant and stepped up on the others tail. I should have taken a pic but I wasn't sure what was going to happen next.

Lexie

Hatchling Member
they are sooo beautiful lol... ive never seen an ig that looks like that.... i have a green ig lol hes Godzilla

new0413.jpg

Lexie

Hatchling Member
lol he likes eating upside down lol.... :D i take it that your cuban rock iguanas dont do that???

Lexie

Hatchling Member
o cool.... so is there a big difference in care between cuban rock igs and green igs??? im just curious.... lol

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Lexie":b8c70 said:
o cool.... so is there a big difference in care between cuban rock igs and green igs??? im just curious.... lol
They're very similar. Cuban grow much slower than Greens. If you get a Cuban you won't have a 5 foot monster in 2 years, it could take 10-15 years for a Cuban to get that big. But the Cubans get much thicker than Greens.

Lexie

Hatchling Member
o cool.... yeah, i think if i decide to ever get another ig, it prolly wont be a green one.... i wana try something new lol.... i still cant get over their colors...their soooo beautiful... lol the only color on godzilla that i think is almost as pretty as the cuban rock igs is the neon blue he has lol....

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
We also have a Cayman Blue/Cuban hybrid, who will be 1 year old next month. He's a total spaz, bounces off the walls when I walk by his tank. He's starting to lighten up and show the patterns on his back. I need to take some pics of him.

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
are iguanas like beardies when it comes to a life in solitude or can they be housed together?

Lexie

Hatchling Member
GoFast":798fa said:
are iguanas like beardies when it comes to a life in solitude or can they be housed together?

Their very terratorily (sorry for my spelling) they are very solitude... why?

DaveDragon

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
They can be housed together if you have a lot of square footage for them, otherwise they will get territorial. Even if they get along, that could change at any time, especially during breeding season. Ours will always live separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom