Rubbing face

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmain

Juvie Member
I caught my beardie rubbing his face back and forth on his climbing log today is there something wrong with him or is he just about to shed?

Thanks

jmain

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He is actually about to get a bath :) But I have been doing baths on Tuesday Thursday and Sundays I can't do them on Mondays and Wednesday because those are the nights I dorm up at college but I could start doing it Friday and Saturday if he is still doing it on Thursday.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Every other day is fine. Soon you will see the old skin peeling back. Just resist the need to help that come off, and he should shed out in a few days to a week.
Janie.

AMHaak

Juvie Member
I would say a good bath would help him a lot. My beardie is doing the same thing right now, but rubs on the walls when I let him out of his cage. It is kind of cute! :D

jmain

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He had one little piece on the side of his face the other day that I rubbed just a little bit to make sure it was dead skin and not something that he like scratched but I haven't seen it since.

Also this morning while I was talking to him he puffed up his beard that was the first time I saw that.

Just got done with a 20 minute bath

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Grey or white colored skin ( on a normally other colored dragon) means shed in process.
Just continue the awesome care, and he will shed out soon enough. Also he might hold back a bit on eating, so if that happens, don't worry.
Janie.

jmain

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Does he become more calm during shedding? He hasnt been as active today but his tail has started since his bath

jmain

Juvie Member
Original Poster
He eats cricket like there is no tomorrow but besides that has just not been as active but thanks

Pan, my beardie's snout was shedding the other evening whilst sat on my knee and was dragging her snout across my leg until it was off the cheeky little monster!

Ruby2uesday

Juvie Member
My beardie will scratch like a dog when his head is in shed. it's the funniest thing i've seen. he'll also rub against the rocks. Mine because a little butt when he's in full shed though. Doesn't like to be touched at all. lol

jmain

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ah he decided he didn't want all his crickets tonight :( but he is shedding a lot more today so I'm guessing thats what it is I also gave him a bath about 30 minutes after he ate the few crickets he did just since he was shedding. After bath took out to hang out on the bed and was very active like normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lil booshka
Top Bottom