Cooked Food for your beardie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Have anyone ever fed their beardie cooked food ? I was on youtube searching bearded dragons out of boredom and I saw a clip where their beardie ate scrambled eggs !! Actual scrambled eggs !! Then I saw one ate bacon and bread crumbs !! IS THAT OK ?? I know baby food, fruit juices and veggies are ok offcourse.. but cooked human meal ???

This is off topic but i need to vent...
Gosh you tube can be upsetting.. I saw a baby beardie eating a small lizard ! Not only this poor animal was in SAND ... the lizard was literally almost her size !!! UGH ! THings people do sometimes... so pathetic ! I wanted to leave a nasty comment but why waste my time.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok first let me say no one should ever assume that something they see on youtube is correct care.As you saw feeding them lizards and what not is absolutely horrible.Now with that said yes it is ok from time to time to feed certain cooked food like scrambled eggs and boiled chicken.You can also give hardboiled egg although I suggest if you do that you only feed the egg whites.The yellow portion of the egg is high in fat so it isnt great for them and of course non of these things should be done on a daily basis.I will even admit the one of my beardies would sell his kidneys if he could for just one bite of mac and cheese....lol.Drago gets this as a treat VERY rarely and only a bite and has since he dove into my son's lunch years ago as a juvie.Now whenever we eat it,it must be done out of Drago's view or he black beards and glass dances until he gets some :wink: My point is that every once in a while certain foods can be given as a treat so long as you know which ones can do great harm and dont do it often.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Ok so SOME cooked food is ok... like scrambled eggs, etc. Question on the boiled chicken... seasoned or non seasoned ?
I'll try the egg whites this weekend. Reason why i ask is I know veggies n crix everyday may get boring for lil MJ. I cant think of any other treats.. as she doesnt even eat her veggies and same with fruits. Lol Drago n mac and cheese... that just made me smile ! soo cute !!! Ididnt think beardies would eat human food ! lol. What else have you fed Drago ?? this is interesting !!!

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Yes non seasoned.His favorite treat is blueberry soy yogurt (besides the mac and chx of course) which is a good thing since that is actually good for them to have.Generally besides the things I mentioned there isnt much else although I have let him have some turkey during the holidays which he enjoyed.The biggest thing not to give is red meats,dairy and of course NEVER avocado as its lethal.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
blueberry soy yogurt? hmm gotta try that. Ok so no seasoned meat, no red meat, no dairy, do avocadoe.. got it !! Although MJ's a bit picky ! She wont eat collard greens or any other type of veggies besides romaine lettuce. and only crix as live feeders ! Ugh. I have to try the yogurt, scrambled eggs (i want some now), and occasional mac n cheese !! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom