cuddling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovethelife07

Hatchling Member
my little girl is about 4 months old, and i see threads about beardies cuddling but shes still in that crazy GET BACK TO CAGE now mode...is there anything i can do to let her know she can trust me? she eats out of my hands and sometimes off my fingers lol and she will sometimes allow me to take her to the couch and chill watching tv...any suggestions?

ajo

You may have luck taking her out of her viv at night a little after lights out. Have something soft, I use a pair of shorts, about half an hour after lights outs, gently take her out, wrap her up in the blanket/shorts/whatever, and take her with you to watch TV or use the computer. Make sure there isn't too much light as you don't want to make her think its daytime.

My little guy was unwilling to just sit and chill, until I started taking him out of his cage after lights out, then setting him on my chest while I laid on my back in bed to watch movies on my laptop. Just one word of warning, don't fall asleep while you have them on you in bed.. However, there have been many occasions where I haven't wanted to get out of bed when he's on my chest so I just move him (still in a beardie burrito) onto a pillow at the top corner of my bed and make sure I sleep on the other side. In the morning he is still in his burrito, sleeping, or looking at me, but he never tries to get out of his warm spot.

After a few weeks of this he became much more tolerant to sit on me while we watched TV during the day or surfed the internet. Remember when getting him out during the day that if she still tries to dash back to the viv, its probably because she is cold and wants to bask. Always wait at least an hour after feeding before taking her out of the viv to hang out.

As Venom said, it just takes patience..

ThyDemise

Hatchling Member
whenever i used to take my lil guy out and tried to hold him in the same room as the cage hed do the same thing, just go crazy trying to get back in, but i started taking him into a different room and as soon as i rounded the corner hed calm down, find a good spot on my hand/arm and just sit there checkin things out. then soon as i started to come back in the living room where he could see his cage hed try to run to it. also, if its too cool in the room outside the cage, he doesnt care to be out, but if its on the warm side, now, hell stay out as long as i let him. i agree with above, just keep at it, shell come around.

Aznrainbowdime

Sub-Adult Member
ajo":e9d70 said:
Just one word of warning, don't fall asleep while you have them on you in bed...

I agree.. I had MJ on my chest once as I fell asleep... it was our first time sleeping in the bed cuddling so I didnt want to put her back in her viv... I woke up about 1 hr laterand she was behind my ear in a weird position. lol it was actually cute as one leg was hanging onto my ear.. the other in my hair etc... but Im a very heavy sleeper and i sleep pretty wild all over the place !! that freaked me out as I cant imagine me squishing her !!!

chancellor91

Juvie Member
my beardie loves to come out of cage also, but if i hold her in my room(where cage is located) she goes BANANAS to get back in there lol she wwill climb in there if i let her, but if i take her out of my room she loves every moment of it, so my suggestion, hand feeeding is good for trust and cuddling, my beardie falls asleep on my stomach everynight, so just let her kno she can go wheree ever she wants and i bet ur beardie will calm down and trust you, thats what i did, and now i have the best child i could ever ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom