How Often Do Bearded Dragons Poop???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Nikki, Hi. It really depends on the age of the dragon. I have an almost year old, and he offers me the "golden" nugget every 2-3 days. My two 6 month olds, however, give me the precious gems every day.
Babies will deposit several times a day.

Does that help ?
Did you ever think you would have a serious conversation about poo ? ;)
Janie.

Nikki1292

Original Poster
Honestly no, never thought I poop would be a subject in my conversation lol.

I'm not positive on how old Gizmo, my dragon, is but he is 9 inches long. I'm not concerned, merely curious. I just got him yesterday afternoon so I guess you could call me a Nervous-and-Paranoid-New-Owner.

BeardieBaby69

Hatchling Member
I wouldnt say that. Its good to be aware of those things. As a matter of fact , im worried about Kiku at the moment about the same thing. She only pooed once yesterday after her morning meal of Phoenix Worms. She usually goes within an hour of eating those.She didnt go last night after her nightly meal of them, nor has she gone ALL day today. She has eaten normally too.. Her lil belly looks like its gonna pop.If she doesnt go in the morning, Im going to give her a bath, that usually makes her go ( just so I will have to clean it out!) LOL !

Good Luck !

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
zebraflavencs said:
Nikki, Hi. It really depends on the age of the dragon. I have an almost year old, and he offers me the "golden" nugget every 2-3 days. My two 6 month olds, however, give me the precious gems every day.
Babies will deposit several times a day.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I love it!!!!! The golden nugget..... :lol:

shaggy

I'm glad you asked - I actually came to this discussion to ask the same thing. Mine went yesterday on the way home but nothing so far today. Lots of eating, though. They must have been starving him/her at the store! :angry5:

leelasmom

Hatchling Member
I was going to ask this question, too!

Normally, Leela poops once a day, like clockwork - between 10 and 11am. However, she pooped twice yesterday and 3 times today!

The first "regular" poop looked normal. However, the last 2 poops were kind of runny.

Her set up is fine (bulbs/temps good). I just introduced collard greens into her diet; I'm wondering if maybe they just don't agree with her? Normally she has escarole, which she likes, & I've been mixing the cg's in. I also put butternut squash babyfood in her morning salad - otherwise she won't eat it and will be cranky.

At night, I give her greens w/ little fruit chunks, like cantalope or papaya - she loves both.

Should I cut back on the babyfood and fruit? Just offer plain greens for a few days, see if her poop schedule goes back to normal?

I also worry that maybe she is getting too much calcium; my daughter accidentally dumped A LOT of the powder on the crickets the other day - they looked like they had thick, calcium powder bodysuits on! There was nothing I could do because Leela ran after & ate them so fast!

Fal

Hatchling Member
Our three month (approx) old BD goes 2-3 times a day usually. Todays second was runny which worried us as it is normally... well... normal! He's had a waxworm treat (only his second ever and a rare treat it will be), so wondered if it was due to that!? He's acting lively and ate 30+ locust at dinner time so not off his food lol - still nice and white underneath too, so he's relaxed and not stressed or cranky.
We'll check it again tomorrow and check our worrying from there on.

I guess the frequency goes on the individual dragons diet/age/size?

Good question though, and yeah, not the sort of thing you'd thing you'd normally talk about lol

Jon

tomboy1988

Juvie Member
I haven't had Anara long but she goes at least once a day. She gave me one tiny on and one big one today. Past few days it's been on nice sized one.

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
My beardie goes once every 1.5 weeks..... I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow to see if something is wrong. My poor Elvis :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom