Easy cricket duster

Status
Not open for further replies.

scion

Hatchling Member
Dont know if this has been done before, but came up with this the other night, and it has worked out awsome for me.

everyone has seen one of these

DSC01120.jpg

Well i just glued a screen like this

DSC01123.jpg

Put powder and crickets in here. close shake
DSC01122.jpg

Open this side shake out powder

DSC01121.jpg

Then close that side, open other and dump out the crickets. Has worked really well for me, with virtually no loss.
Hope this is helpful for someone out there

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
What an awesome idea!! I wish you had been around when I was shakin' and a bakin' crickets in a sandwich bag years ago.

Dawn

1happymommy

Juvie Member
What a great idea. I may need to try it. I use salt and pepper shakers for the greens and a tall container for the feeders.

Mads

Scion, you are a LEGEND! I can't believe how simple but how useful this DIY is, I've been dusting/feeding my GTFs with an old fish transport bag for FOUR years... :roll: I went out last night and bought some parmesan. whee! easy feeder here I come! Now, first, to cook up a good spag-bog.. :D

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. you have my life so much easier, especially now I've got a voracious BD to feed. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
LOL, OMGosh, fantastic idea!!! Curious as to what made you think that up... all those great ideas usually just come from pretty much nothing though ain't it?!!

Thank you for sharing that with us!!

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Mads":e9d43 said:
I went out last night and bought some parmesan. whee! easy feeder here I come! Now, first, to cook up a good spag-bog.

Ya know...you could always put the parmesan in another container so that you can use it now! or have you already thought of that? :roll: :D

scion

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dont remember how i got the idea, but it works great. My problem now is my two beardies wont eat crickets! Still works great for worms though. I found another use for the cap though. Apparently the threads and inside diamater are the same as repcal containers! so i screw the top on the calcium and lightly dust thier salad every couple of days. Thanks for all the praise, but it is really nothing.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
you can also use empty garlic powder etc bottle dont have to put screen over the holes they're already to small for the crickets to fit threw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom