best place to buy crickets online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbschempf

i just recently bought i Beardy and he is eating much more crickets that i had originally planed on. he eats about 20 a day and i think that he will start to eat more. i was wondering if it is better to buy crikets from petsmart for 10 cents each or if it would be better to buy them online. i would prefer to find a good online suplier because when i move off to college it will be hard to drive out to the store every week. im looking for an online store that has a good reputation and superfeeds there cricket ( i will of course to this on my own) . it would also be nice if they have fast delivery and when i buy 100 crickets i would like to get 100 LIVE crickets, not 70 live crikets 30 dead one and a huge pile of criket parts

MarkCheck

Hatchling Member
Im new also to this site and i use 2 get criz for petsmart i use to buy 200 fr $10 i learn on this site of a place call preium crix and now i get 1000 for $10 plus shipping vey cheap i was spenndin alota petsmart i have a baby that eat bout 60 a day so if i was u i would make the switch cuz onces ur lil one get settle in he will eat more

bbschempf

Original Poster
thanks mark, i hope your enjoying your pet as much as i am mine. ill give that place a try. i live in Connecticut if anyone knows of places in the New England area that are respectible but i will definatly be placeing an order from preium crix

bbschempf

Original Poster
he is in a 20gal tank with a repticarpet, he has a 75w basking light shining on his favorite rock and a 10.0 repti sun 20 inches shining across the whole tank. he seems to be enjoying the tank. the whole tank stays at 84 and the basking spot is at 107 on avarage. he doesnt seem to run around on the ground much and when i walk in on him walking around on the ground he will usually jump back up to his rock. im guessing this is just because i only got him 4 days ago and he is still nearvous of being down low versus up high were he can keep an eye on things.

MarkCheck

Hatchling Member
ask how long is he are u planning on gettin a bigger viv or building suz u know they grow fast wen there babys

bbschempf

Original Poster
hes about 6-7 inches now but im building him a new tank for college in september that will be 3x2 feet. do you think he will be ok in a 20gal tank untill then. it will be about 2 months from now (he is 6-8 weeks old now) do you think that a 3 foot wide tank will be large enough for the school year? i will keep upgrading the tank as he gets older but i wont have his perminent tank untill next summer in may when i graduate

bbschempf

Original Poster
question mark, i know that VIV refers to a tank but what is it mean? does it stand for a longer term or is it an abreviation

MarkCheck

Hatchling Member
ya that will b good i have mine n a 55g tank n he only use the whole tank wen he is hunting heres a pic im going 2 upgrade in the future and also make sure that u dont want 2 keep reloacting the BD it can get stress

IMG_1613.jpg

bbschempf

Original Poster
i have that same background but im using the other side. ya he will only need to be moved twice. once in septermber and again in may. its only a 1 hour drive so i think that he will be ok. the tank looks great by the way. he seems to be really enjoying that hammock.. ive been thinking about getting/ making one for diego. how old is your BD because mine is about the same size

peera

Sub-Adult Member
I use Fluker's to buy my crickets. I've used several companies and they're far and away the best. They're located in Louisiana and I'm all the way over in Washington and they get here promptly, alive and kicking, for a reasonable price. While I haven't had an issue, I'm told by other customers that should a box show up dead they replace it without much trouble, usually with a good overcount!

The only one I will caution you about is LLLreptiles- I had a horrible experience that resulted in 2000 dead crickets that they refused to replace or refund. For some reason they use a shipping company that only ships in CA, so it took over a week to get here and then they left it in the snow!

Beardiemommy137

Hatchling Member
premium crickets is a good place, i've heard both good and bad about mulberry farms, but i would order online and keep them in a container until you need to order more. be sure that they have food and water too. Just cut a potato in half or an apple and throw it in. also, we use the flukers water thingys for them. be sure the container has a hole in top for them to breath, glue wire mesh over the hole in and give them some egg cartons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom