How do i make a cricket keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddma

Juvie Member
Can someone tell me the best way to make a cricket keeper out of a rubbermaid bin ? i have a big cricket keeper now , it's a white bin with a screen top and the inside of it up to about 4 inches from the top is rough feeling then the other 4 inches is smooth. i bought it a couple of months ago, but i can't find them any where now, so i thought i'd make one myself. i guess my main question is how would i rough up the inside or do i really need to? thanks

kinky

i don't think you'd need to rough up the sides, just give them somewhere to hide like egg cartons. You could lightly sand the sides with sandpaper if you wanted to.

duckyLBT

i wouldnt rough up the side it just makes it more tracktion for the crickets to climb up the sides... i just cut out a piece of the top and went to home hardware and bought a foot of screen then duck taped it on the inside. then just put egg crates a bowl for the water gell and one for food and it worked awsome!

063.jpg

062.jpg

064.jpg

ddma

Juvie Member
Original Poster
got it , we did it, the reason i roughed up the sides (and i left like 4 inches or so from the top that i didn't rough up) is because i clean out my cricket bin every other day and when i clean it i use a mini dust pan and broom and all the crickets move out of my way so i can sweep out the botom, so with the sides roughed up they climb up the sides and out of my way for easy cleaning , but they never really climb all the way up beacause i left 4 inches from the top smooth.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
You can also put tape up the sides of the wall, they will only climb as high as the tape is!! Just throwing my 2 cents in there... Good luck.

Lance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom