dandelion greens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy28

I'm not sure if I'm just being too literal, but when saying dandelion greens, you're talking about the dandelion flowers leaves? the weeds?
I don't know of anywhere that sells them at least, and I don't think I should pick dandelions in case they were sprayed.

anyone care to guide my confused mind?

-sam

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
lol, that's actually a really good question. I think it's the weed part.

Not sure where to buy them. I don't think I'd risk picking them either unless I was positive there weren't any pesticides sprayed in the area.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Have you tried a farmer's market maybe? I have noticed that several of the grocery stores in my area (So Cal) have started carrying them. And I know that organic food stores carry them as well.

Unless you know for sure that the area has not been sprayed with pesticides, I would not pick the wild ones. And I believe the flowers can be eaten as well.

MeatHead

Hatchling Member
From what I have heard the whole thing can be eaten, weed and flower. Meat Head LOVES them, she just inhales them. lol

IcyGoats

Hatchling Member
When you say "area", how large a space are we talking? I have a garden full of them that has never been sprayed in all the 17 years I've lived here, although, there are crop fields around 50-100 yards away from my garden. Will this pose any kind of risk?

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Dandelions are considered weeds. So if they are growing in your yard and not dying (they look healthy), then I would guess they are OK to eat. I would of course be extra diligent in washing them and making sure that they didn't have anything on them.
I just picked some up yesterday for my 3 and they love them (our yard is treated so we don't have any wild ones, so the grocery store is my only option).

dawn8787

I have a friend with a beardie who feeds the yellow tops to his dragon. The dragon loves them, but again, make sure they have never been sprayed with herbicides. My friend picks them from his yard.

KayJay93

I get them from my back garden, living in England you get tonnes of em xD
The one weed you actually want in your garden tbh :D

(Don't worry, no pesticides go on my garden and i thoroughly wash them and all that lot :p)

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
KayJay93":bc1ff said:
I get them from my back garden, living in England you get tonnes of em xD
The one weed you actually want in your garden tbh :D

lol hear hear!
my parents used to pay me 20p to de-weed the garden when I was little. Now I do it willingly every time I visit to swoop up all the treats for my two monsters.
Unfortunatly my father is somewhat prehistoric and has banned me from keeping "bloody weeds in the bloody fridge" but they seem to keep until I return home to my dragons the nesxt day.

I was wondering where people were getting them too. Guess I got some plucking and washin 2 do when I get back home. Them things grow loke crazy in east tennessee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom