candels? air freshener?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasher

Hatchling Member
Ok so according to my mom it smells different in my room then the rest of the house, go figure it is the work of Dasher. :| :roll:
so i can make my room smell good i was wondering is it harmful to a beardie's health if you use scented candels or air freshener?
thanks!
---edit
ok so maybe i didn't state that right.
i would just rather have a good smelling candle than dasher smell(it is not that bad). So i was worried about if this would harm his health.
thanks once again.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I guess the first question is how clean do you keep the viv ? Yes dragons have a stronger smell to their fecal than others, but if you are wiping the poo out as soon as you find it, than the smell shouldn't be overwhelming.
My next thought is that if the poo is really smelly, than perhaps a fecal exam would be in order. When a dragon has parasites, the poo is really really Stinky !

How long have you had your dragon, is he just settling in ? or have you two been together for some time ? If just settling in, than give it a couple of weeks, and if the odor hasn't reduced, than get a fecal.

Now, as for covering up the odor, I would recommend a scented candle over incense, just because a candle won't trigger any reactions that incense might.
Also it won't be too much scent, if you know what I mean.
Hope this helps out !
Oh, just a thought.... What are you feeding Dasher ? That can have an effect too !
Janie.

dasher

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i clean his tank regularly, and maybe i didn't state it as it should have.
i would rather have vanilla/lavender candel smell than his smell.
i feed him his veggies and crickets.

Tigg

Juvie Member
I can't say for sure but.. . Scented air fresheners, and candles can be bad for some humans. They can even cause Asthma felines, canines, and rodents... I can't really see then being very good for any animal, especially not one as small as a Beardie.

Now then again, I really think it would all depend on exactly how strong the scent was, and how close it was to the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom