How do you clean your beardie's cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Just wondering how often and what you clean your lizard's cage with. My husband wanted me to use the windex and I told him I didn't know if that was a good idea. I saw some things in the store--but it is confusing as they say "safe for reptiles", yet their instructions say: Remove you lizard/reptile before using this product.
I did see one the other day and it says NATURES BEst (or something like that) it is supposed to be very safe--does anyone know which one I am talking about?
Well gotta go put the lizard back in his cage. Seems to be doing well today (he had a rough evening yesterday)

john1967

I clean my beared dragon cages 2-3 times a week what i use to clean the cages is called healthy habitat you can this at any reptile,petco,petsmart store

Lennifer

Juvie Member
If u don't want to use the cleaners @ the store, Beautiful Dragons.com has a list of good disinfectants. I think they tell u to remove the lizard because of the smell & u def don't want him licking the floor it if it's still a lil damp. lol! I usually take Drago out, clean his tank & then give him a bath while waiting for the age to air out. I use Zoo Med Wipe Out & havent had any issues thus far.

~Sandy

spyder86

Hatchling Member
I clean my cage once a week with bleach water solution and a really good rince, then let it dry completely.

Pamela

Hatchling Member
Healthy habitat is what i use to. I have used it for the pass five years to clean the tank and furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom