How do you clean your beardie's cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Just wondering how often and what you clean your lizard's cage with. My husband wanted me to use the windex and I told him I didn't know if that was a good idea. I saw some things in the store--but it is confusing as they say "safe for reptiles", yet their instructions say: Remove you lizard/reptile before using this product.
I did see one the other day and it says NATURES BEst (or something like that) it is supposed to be very safe--does anyone know which one I am talking about?
Well gotta go put the lizard back in his cage. Seems to be doing well today (he had a rough evening yesterday)

john1967

I clean my beared dragon cages 2-3 times a week what i use to clean the cages is called healthy habitat you can this at any reptile,petco,petsmart store

Lennifer

Juvie Member
If u don't want to use the cleaners @ the store, Beautiful Dragons.com has a list of good disinfectants. I think they tell u to remove the lizard because of the smell & u def don't want him licking the floor it if it's still a lil damp. lol! I usually take Drago out, clean his tank & then give him a bath while waiting for the age to air out. I use Zoo Med Wipe Out & havent had any issues thus far.

~Sandy

spyder86

Hatchling Member
I clean my cage once a week with bleach water solution and a really good rince, then let it dry completely.

Pamela

Hatchling Member
Healthy habitat is what i use to. I have used it for the pass five years to clean the tank and furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom