it was horrible.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwoodtoo

*****WARNING: GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF BEARDIE DEATH*****

Like i was telling Dawn last week i finally got a new dragon that i called Stuart. She is 6 months old and 14 inches long and seemed to have a nice personality. She was healthy and liked to watch t.v. with me till she falls asleep. Anyway, a buddy of mine dropped over yesterday to show me the new dragon baby he just bought from a pet store. The baby was about 5 inches long and as big around as a cocktail sausage , a very cute little one. Well, after looking at the youngun' , he wants to put it in the same viv. as Stuart see how they react. I explain to him that the dragon is a hermit type animal that prefers to live alone and would regard a new face as a possible threat. He would have none of it and proceeded to put the baby in the viv. I told him that he was taking a very huge risk but my cautions were not heeded. All was well for a few minutes as we watched as the baby climbed up the driftwood to the same level as my dragon, which was basking and watching the baby. The baby was waving and actually doing a slow bowing when Stuart lunged at the baby and had it's tiny head in her mouth. Before i could attempt a rescue my dragon repositioned the babies' head in her mouth and used her side jaws and teeth to completely severe the head from the body. Stuart then swallowed the head. My buddy and i were dumbfounded and could not believe our eyes. I had to take Stuart out to clean him up and to clean the viv. as they both were bloody. I cannot blame the dragon as i feel that it was her instinct to react this way. Although graphic, i hope maybe this sad tale will educate some of the members here as to the possible outcome of an encounter such as this.

Frank

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Thats HORRIBLE!
How is your beardie doing?Has he pooped yet?You need to be very careful to watch and make sure he doesnt become impacted or ill by this.The danger to the baby was obvious but your friend has also now put your beardie at risk.Please watch Stuart over the next few days and if anything isnt right then I would get him to a vet ASAP.

TazzysMamma

Sub-Adult Member
How terrible!!!! I hope Stuart is ok! WOW, how awful. Why oh why wouldnt your friend listen?!?!?!?! It's amazing to me how people refuse to listen to advice, and things like this end up tragically.

Im so sorry this happened. Im sorry that baby had to die to make the point, and I wish so much that your friend had listened...

TONS of hugs to you!!!

I'll be praying that Stuart will be ok.

Sandi

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
OMG....Frank...that story just made my stomach turn.Unfortunately, your friend lost what could have been a wonderful pet, it really makes me sad. I hope he learned a valuable lesson from that!

Please, do as Vicky said and keep an eye on Stuart, to make sure he passes that. I would hate for something to happen to little Stuart after all you have been through. How is he doing today?

Keep us posted

Dawn

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh that had to be just awful! I'm so sorry you had to see that. I had my girls (15 and 17) read this story so that way they know not to take the babys near the bigger guys. I hope Stuart has no ill affects from this.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
OMG! What was your friend thinking? :shock: That poor baby dragon.
I agree with Vicky you need to keep a close eye on your beardie and the poops.

I think I'd be pretty mad at that friend for awhile bad enough that your friend killed the baby, but for me if someone puts one of my beardies in danger.......well they had better be prepared to deal with momma bear. :angry5:

Though I do hope that anyone thinking of putting 2 beardies together a smaller one at that will read this story.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Im crying so hard right now! That poor baby dragon! How could your friend do such a thing? Why not listen to you? :angry5: :cry: :banghead: :cry: :(

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
How stupid umm duh small animals are eaten by bigger animals especially when you are talking reptiles. I mean I thought it was common knowledge that most reptiles will eat there own. What a dumb freind that is. Then again I had a freind do horrible things to one of my pets. He no word of a lie put a hamster in one of those coin purse things and played hacky sac with a live hamster. Well live until he played hacky sack with it. You do not want the immage of the site when opening that bag. To try and not be to grafic the hamsters guts were hanging out it's mouth. Some things cannot be unseen and that is one thing that cannot.

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
ghr15":0c638 said:
How stupid umm duh small animals are eaten by bigger animals especially when you are talking reptiles. I mean I thought it was common knowledge that most reptiles will eat there own. What a dumb freind that is. Then again I had a freind do horrible things to one of my pets. He no word of a lie put a hamster in one of those coin purse things and played hacky sac with a live hamster. Well live until he played hacky sack with it. You do not want the immage of the site when opening that bag. To try and not be to grafic the hamsters guts were hanging out it's mouth. Some things cannot be unseen and that is one thing that cannot.
I hope you are no longer friends with him. My cousin kicked one of my chickens (it didn't get hurt) I will never 4give him.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
haleygirl272":6ee15 said:
ghr15":6ee15 said:
I hope you are no longer friends with him. My cousin kicked one of my chickens (it didn't get hurt) I will never 4give him.

No I am not friend with him I with some colorful language told him to get out and told him he is lucky I do not make him eat the dead hamster. Oh and I forgot the worst part. The hamster was not even mine a friend trusted me to take care of there pet hamster while they were away. So I had to tell him that another ex sicko friend killed the pet he asked me to watch. That is not fun to break such news to someone. I actually I bet came close to loosing 2 friends that day.

Surprised he was even still friends with me after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom