Bloated Belly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
My female has a pretty bloated looking belly (has been this way for awhile). She's been to the vet for a checkup and the vet just said she could loose a lil weight but that was all. It has sence gotten bigger. Im wondering if I am just feeding her too many live feeders and shes just gotten a lil heavy? Her arms/legs are still skinny/lanky looking.

Id get a picture but my cameras are packed away (moving in 2 weeks) I will see if I can get a decent pic on my cell phone.

She is a rescue and is now 11 months old. I have been trying to beef her up the last couple months because she was pretty unhealthy and scrawny since I got her. She has deff put on weight and grown quite a bit but her belly just seems huge.

When they get "fat" where do they gain it? She seems normal/still on the skinny side on her entire body, except her big belly. She isn't bloating it with air. It's squishy like shes just a lil chubber. Im just kinda worried that something is wrong. Ive heard of people's beardies getting fluid in their tummy from some organ failure.

She has an insane appetite and acts 110% healthy and active, poops daily...... any ideas?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Has she been with a male? If not, she may have infertile eggs. Any signs of digging going on?

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
2.jpg

Not sure if this picture will work but I took it last night with my cell. You can kinda see how her belly is just hanging out and in relation to her size & skinny limbs.

I have a male but they have never had the opportunity to mate.

I thought about it being infertile eggs however cant you somewhat distinguish the eggs in there? It just feels like squishyness, and sometimes she flattens out, like in the bath she likes to flatten out, and there is no evidence of bumps (eggs) or anything.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No, you wont be able to see the outline of any eggs until she is very late stage such as the last week or so before she lays. Since you do have a male, she has probably ovulated & released infertile eggs.
Just make sure she is getting enough calcium, & fluids, & has good UVB lighting. She should be fine. Maybe go ahead & make a laybox, just in case.
Did he not do an x-ray on her?

Tracie

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
How long do they hold eggs for? She has been pretty "bloated" looking for awhile now, 2-3 months or so. No the vet didn't do an X-ray. She said both of them seemed really healthy, just a lil over-weight.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, since they did not mate, you would have to get an x-ray to see if she could be holding eggs. If they mated, she would lay her first clutch within 4-6 weeks of copulation.
If she is that "bloated" looking, you might want to lay off on fatty feeders if you are feeding any right now. Could you post a picture of her?
They can lay infertile eggs under 1 year. If you feel that she could be carrying infertile eggs, & she is having some problems going to the bathroom, or has lost her appetite which is a sign prior to them laying, then she could be having some problems with the eggs.
It would be best to get x-rays to determine what could be going on.

Tracie

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She has no problem pooping, she goes every day like clockwork, in her daily evening bath.

She has a massive appetite. She would eat feeders all day long if I let her.

I was giving them 5-8 superworms twice a day. (with salad), I slowed down to just 5 supers, 2x a day (with salad), and now Ive been giving them salad in the morning for all day, and at night 5 supers. They get other feeders on occasion to switch it up, but during the winter It's hard to order online cause its too cold having them shipped, they get here dead. So I supply what the pet store supplies. Once it warms up a bit more they will have more of a variety for live feeders.

Although eating the same amount as my male, she is a few months older, so I think the additional protein just packed weight on, in her belly, rather than just helping her grow in general. Does this make sence?

Here is the best pic I have of her (im at work) and my computer at home is broken.

32512490013_medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom