Bearded dragon growth rate / size

Status
Not open for further replies.

jufer4uk

New to bearded dragons had mine since janurary been told they can grow to about 2ft head to tail but was just wondering at what kinda rate they grow from been a baby to adult ish size

baby pic been about 4" head to tail
pic2m.jpg

09/03/09 is 12"
11711077.jpg

Freeie

Extreme Poster
They becaome a adult at 18 months so id asume thats when they stop growing but im not sure im sure someone will post if that isnt correct :D

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Pudge's parents are both around 20 or 21", I believe, which is a pretty normal size. She was 9" when I got her at 2 months old, and by 6 months old she was 16". She is almost 18" now at 8 months, so her growing has slowed.

Yeah i have the same kind of question. Numa is only about 5 months old but she seems very small, i've seen other beardies her age that are bigger, shes probably about four inches long not including her tail. Oh heres another random question, i know beardies are hard to gender but how could i tell?

boxers

Hatchling Member
EmmalineSSR":e3179 said:
Yeah i have the same kind of question. Numa is only about 5 months old but she seems very small, i've seen other beardies her age that are bigger, shes probably about four inches long not including her tail. Oh heres another random question, i know beardies are hard to gender but how could i tell?

That wasn't a typo, was it? 4" at five months?
Ours is 15" at six months.

Do you have a UVB light...?

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I have a picture of 3 of my beardies together all exactly the same size within millimeters. Now 4 months later, I have 3 completely different sized beardies. THe smallest of the 3 is now the largest female, 18" and 380 gms, the male is 16" and 280gms, slim build, and the oldest female is 15" very chunky, 240 gms. They all had different eating, and sleeping habits. I can tell you one thing, the biggest one was a skinny rescue and is a non stop eater so I'm sure their appetite has something to do with it. All are housed under mvbs as well.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
I have two that are from the same clutch and eat pretty much the same amount but one is longer and chunkier than the other. I guess dragons have metabolism just like people. That is such a good idea to take their picture with an object for comparison!

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Just for comparison, here are my two 3 month old babies from the same clutch hanging out on a big beanie buddy lizard plushie
Ponce
IMG_2961.jpg
IMG_2962.jpg

Feliz
IMG_2966.jpg
IMG_2967.jpg

ez2bbad64

Juvie Member
my baby Ricco was born dec 26th. on feb 25th he was 8 3/4" head to tip of tail march 5th 9 3/4" today march 9th he is 11" nose to tip of tail

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Roo (left)7weeks 8 inchs Lexi (right)7weeks 7 inchs.
Babys007-1.jpg

This is them both as of this morning. Both are from the same clutch. They eat crickets and veggies and a treat of a waxworm here and there. They are doing well i think :D Lexi is gonna be our little pocket beardie :D

boxers":c5e06 said:
EmmalineSSR":c5e06 said:

That wasn't a typo, was it? 4" at five months?
Ours is 15" at six months.

Do you have a UVB light...?

yeah we have all the prober lighting and she had a good sized cage and all the proper food and suplements. her entire body including head is roughly 8in not including tail which is about the same size. is that normal? sorry i was just counting her body and not her head or tail before.

boxers

Hatchling Member
Oh whew :lol: Miscommunication, sorry.
That would make her about 16" all together, right? Seems a good healthy length.
As opposed to hatchling size, like I was thinking. :silent:

ebonydragon

I got my bearded dragon in october 2008, and she was 6 months so now shes aproximately 11 months old. i just got her a 3 foot terrarium about 2 months ago and she's only shed twice since then. she's only about 4.5 " long. she seems healthy though, shes always got lots of energy. she has a heating pad, uva/avb lights, and a waterfall. i feed her lots of greens everyday, and crickets when i can make it down, about once a week. i'm wondering if she's just having a late growth spurt because she was in a really small enclosure until i got her this one. has anyone else had this happen? i'm not really too worried about her, i'm just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom