Sizing chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillinspike

Hatchling Member
I have a bd that is 8 inches long from from tip to tip. how old is he, ive had him 4 a month and was wondering if he is the right size, he has grown about 3 inches since ive had him

chillinspike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, going off those chats, i would say my bd is about 2-3 months old, i need to get a scale to weigh him

hmm im wondering if im gonna have a big boy or maybe i just measured wrong.....at 3 weeks he was 6 inches tip of nose to tip of tail. i'll have to remeasure him see if hes grown or if i was wrong lol. he is just over a month now.

ok so i must have no had him lined up right...just went and measured him. hes 5 1/2 inches right now at 5 weeks old. so id say hes doing good :)

chillinspike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sounds about right, my bd is about 8 inches long and is 2-3 months old, im sure hes closer to 2 months tho, ive had him for about a month now and he has grown 3in in a month

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
The link was basically an example of just a few beardies. Remember all beardies are different.

I have a little micro dragon Baby Bender he is not really a baby as he is now 4 months old has always been housed alone, has always had a good diet, and husbandry. His parents are very healthy yet he is only about 9 inches long. Small beardie for age.

I also have PVT Blaze which is huge for his age he is 20 inches long, brumating, an only 7 months old.
Huge beardies for age.
The rest are kind of average I'd say.

This is just an average that I've taken from my data on my beardies.
A hatchling is about 3-1/2 to 4 inches when they hatch. On an average they should grow 2 inches per month for the first 6 months. At this time their growing may slow down considerably. By 12 months your beardie has usually reach it's length but will still put on girth.

No 2 beardies are the same. :wink: They all have different parents, diet, husbandry, etc..........Making it virtually impossible to gauge a beardies age by his size.

chillinspike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ya i knew it was a chart from 3 different beardies, all 3 of those grew different lenths and weight in different weeks, great info, so now i know my beardie isnt sick or anything, hes just a yougan lol, i just wanted to make sure he was growing well, hell he grew 3 inches in a month, ive had him a month 2day :lol: :lol: :lol: and i couldnt be more excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom