Sizing chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillinspike

Hatchling Member
I have a bd that is 8 inches long from from tip to tip. how old is he, ive had him 4 a month and was wondering if he is the right size, he has grown about 3 inches since ive had him

chillinspike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, going off those chats, i would say my bd is about 2-3 months old, i need to get a scale to weigh him

hmm im wondering if im gonna have a big boy or maybe i just measured wrong.....at 3 weeks he was 6 inches tip of nose to tip of tail. i'll have to remeasure him see if hes grown or if i was wrong lol. he is just over a month now.

ok so i must have no had him lined up right...just went and measured him. hes 5 1/2 inches right now at 5 weeks old. so id say hes doing good :)

chillinspike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sounds about right, my bd is about 8 inches long and is 2-3 months old, im sure hes closer to 2 months tho, ive had him for about a month now and he has grown 3in in a month

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
The link was basically an example of just a few beardies. Remember all beardies are different.

I have a little micro dragon Baby Bender he is not really a baby as he is now 4 months old has always been housed alone, has always had a good diet, and husbandry. His parents are very healthy yet he is only about 9 inches long. Small beardie for age.

I also have PVT Blaze which is huge for his age he is 20 inches long, brumating, an only 7 months old.
Huge beardies for age.
The rest are kind of average I'd say.

This is just an average that I've taken from my data on my beardies.
A hatchling is about 3-1/2 to 4 inches when they hatch. On an average they should grow 2 inches per month for the first 6 months. At this time their growing may slow down considerably. By 12 months your beardie has usually reach it's length but will still put on girth.

No 2 beardies are the same. :wink: They all have different parents, diet, husbandry, etc..........Making it virtually impossible to gauge a beardies age by his size.

chillinspike

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ya i knew it was a chart from 3 different beardies, all 3 of those grew different lenths and weight in different weeks, great info, so now i know my beardie isnt sick or anything, hes just a yougan lol, i just wanted to make sure he was growing well, hell he grew 3 inches in a month, ive had him a month 2day :lol: :lol: :lol: and i couldnt be more excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom