What size cage do I need for 2 bearded dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

faith

Hey since I am new to the forum I am try to find out stuff. Like what size cage do I need for 2 bearded dragons. And if you know any good places to buy them from. Also like what type of stuff to put in the cage. And please reply thanks.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
The optimal size is 2 4'x2'x2' enclosures. Dragons are not social and should not be kept in the same enclosure for any amount of time except for breeding, and then only for a very short time. If you spend some time looking around this site you will find many stories of dragons acting like they get along only to randomly turn on each other, resulting in major injury (from cut and nips to full lost limbs) or death.

Good places to buy them from completely depends on where you are and what you're looking for, but a reputable breeder is almost always better than a pet store.

Craziness

Hatchling Member
For one fully grown bearded dragon, best size enclosure is 4ftx2ftx2ft or a 55gal tank.

http://www.anapsid.org/resources/tanksize.html

If your buying a tank this give the relative dimensions according to gal of tank.

e] You'll need to get two enclosures. If thebeardies are proven female you may be lucky, like me, and keep them in one larger 6ftx2ftx2ft viv. I've housed my two female for over a year successfully in one tank.
G'Luck!
Talk to you soon.
Rose.

alyel

Juvie Member
Just putting my .02 in :)
I had 2 beardies...they were about 4 months old and had been with eachother since birth (sisters), they were housed together and were just fine. I know they say 2 females is better than 2 males or a female and male. They loved being with eachother in there.
But anyways :)

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
One of my bearded dragons is still suffering to this day from being bullied by another bearded dragon. I dont think it is worth the risk to house them together. Skyler is still very small and only half the size of Stompy. they were housed together for 2 months and durning that time Skyler started to stop growing and stop eating. Skyler became limp and lifeless. THANKFULLY I found this website and they helped me nurse Skyler back to health. They are now in 2 40gal tanks. Stompy is brighly colored and growing fast. Skyler is still dull in color and half the size of Stompy.(they are the same age) Im slowly getting Skyler back up to being a happy confident beardie but i feel terrible for not knowing that they would fight.

ANYWAYS perhaps you should consider making 2 homes instead of one?

coltonl

keeping multiple bearded dragons in one cage is a risk but its not all ways an imposible option. As we speak i have 2 bearded dragons(male and female) in a 55 gal breeder. there brother and sister and they have never been seperated in there lives(there 2 years old). i also have 4 bearded dragons(the male and 1 of the 3 females are siblings and all have never been apart in there lives, they are all just over 1.5 years old) in a 4'X2'X2' cage and they have no problems what so ever.

So pretty much if u want to put a pair together for then i sujest getting 2 females together because they will not breed(that could bring along many health problems which in most cases results in death) if u do want a male and female(If you are unexperienced with reptiles i would strongly sujest just keeping them in seperate cages) watch them very closley to see any dominance between them but u still will have to worry about dominance if u have 2 females together, just not as much.

i hope i could help you with these questions you have :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom