HUMIDITY IN BEARDED DRAGON TANK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a beardie a 3 weeks ago i bought a petco humidity gauge and it reads 54% then a bought a zilla combo gauge it it reads 44% and then i bought a flukers digital temp. and humidity and it reads 32% and there all close together. i read the humidity is suppose to be between 50-55 percent i dont know witch i should go buy i figure the digital would be more accurate but the other one say 44 and 54. i have a 40 gallon breeder tank a water dishes on both sides and sand as a substrate (yes i feed him outside of it). the gauges are in the center of the back wall of the tank. i don't know witch one i should go by . thanks

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Don't sweat the humidity. They are desert animals. Just feed them regularly with crickets and some greens, and a small water dish (though I prefer bathing to a dish they poop in). They will be fine. Excessive humidity can cause respiratory problems.

Jeff

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The recommended humidity for bearded dragons can range from 30-50% safely. Really try to keep it 50 or under as already stated, excess humidity can sometimes contribute to respiratory infections.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom