Looks like sand???

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazymum

Hatchling Member
Hi all.

Both my beardies are young. Spike is 3 months and Gizmo is 4 weeks.

Today we noticed on Gizmo sand like stuff but it was really hard to get off him. The other day my bf had seen the same thing on Spike.

Do you know what that is?? Or is it just sand???

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you have them on sand substrate? A picture would be very helpful. Are they going to shed?

Tracie

Pleaides

Juvie Member
could it maybe be possible that one of them sustained an injury of some sort and the sands stuck to it?
or maybe the 2 of them had a fight and thats why they both have sand stuck to them?

crazymum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well we only have the one now and it was just that once. and yes he is on sand substrate...... he also just shed his tail.... and looks beautiful.... im just wondering is it normal when they are shedding to dig in the sand and hide..... he does not cover himself with the sand. he just makes a lil hole so that he can lay in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom