Wax Worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I know that they are only good for treats.. but since my little girl is becoming so much fun to handle and hang out with, I would really like to give her some treats! Premiumcrickets has a small amount, 35 for less than $2, so I'd like to try them out. But, I'm afraid they will be too big. Blazey is about 10 inches now. I know they are soft-bodied, so risk of impaction is nil, but I would assume they aren't good if they are too big. She chews really good, and sometimes she gets a hold of 3 or 4 phoenix worms at a time..

So.. long story short.. can a 10" beardie eat wax worms?

Grixxly15

Gray-bearded Member
A 10 inch bearded dragon can safely consume wax worms with out the chance of impaction. Just make sure your little dude does not get to addicted to them :lol:

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Grixxly15":eca30 said:
A 10 inch bearded dragon can safely consume wax worms with out the chance of impaction. Just make sure your little dude does not get to addicted to them :lol:

We will def. keep an eye on her! One every couple of days or so.. I just think they would be a great reward for her good behavior during baths and outside of her viv and stuff

Thanks!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
hehe do be careful, when I first introduced waxies as a treat Dex immediately decided she was going to refuse to eat anything else.
It took quite a while for her to stop sulking and start eating anything else!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well.. turns out I'm nixing the Waxies from my order.. the $1.85 cost of the worms doubled my shipping cost. They apparently force you to choose overnight (which is NOT overnight to my area) for guaranteed live delivery. I could really care less about a guarantee on $2 worth of worms for that much shipping!! :banghead: I will find a different way to treat my little girl.. oh well.. we all know how spoiled our little BDs are anyways!

The pet stores near us don't carry anything but crix, mealworms, and now calciworms (knock-off, expensive phoenix worms).. maybe some time I will stumble upon them..

Thanks for the replies, though!!!! :blob5:

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
u cna get them at pet-co here in tulsa. i know ur in tahlequah so if you make a treck up to pets mart or pet-co off of 41st st. they have them there. just bought some yesterday.

if you wanted to buy about fifty at a time i can sell you some when i get my order next time. they are like 6$ for a cup of fifty at the pet store. i would sell a cup for just a five dollar bill if you came to tulsa. and you would get more than fifty and they would all be alive! lol! i had a dozen or so dead ones in the cup i bought yesterday.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
beardiebandit":1f259 said:
u cna get them at pet-co here in tulsa. i know ur in tahlequah so if you make a treck up to pets mart or pet-co off of 41st st. they have them there. just bought some yesterday.

if you wanted to buy about fifty at a time i can sell you some when i get my order next time. they are like 6$ for a cup of fifty at the pet store. i would sell a cup for just a five dollar bill if you came to tulsa. and you would get more than fifty and they would all be alive! lol! i had a dozen or so dead ones in the cup i bought yesterday.

I know where the petsmart off 71st is, but.. 41st.. I might be able to find it sometime. Thanks, I will def. check it out next time. Blazey would love me for it!

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
right by the AMC movie theater. across the street from the mall. 41st and yale. cant miss it. : ) petco is right next to Michaels! lol! with your yarn habit im sure you can find michaels... pets marts seemed to be in better shape than pet co.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
beardiebandit":aa9c8 said:
right by the AMC movie theater. across the street from the mall. 41st and yale. cant miss it. : ) petco is right next to Michaels! lol! with your yarn habit im sure you can find michaels... pets marts seemed to be in better shape than pet co.

HAH! My yarn taste is a bit above Michaels! But, I should go in there. They may have something better than the ugh.. hobby lobby junk.. :blob5: :blob5:

beardiebandit

Hatchling Member
lol! i think we found a hobby snobby! : ) jkjk! i wasnt aware there where different grades of yarn but hey i guess you learn new stuff everyday right : )

i feed all my dragons a few waxies yesterday! they loved them! its like they are pringles...they cant have just one! lol!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I like to refer to it as "Yarn Snob".. but oh yes, there's a big difference between cruddy hot-pink acrylic yarn and yummy yummy local alpaca hand spun.. mmmmm squishy!

mmm pringles :lol:

Johnnyboy

My boy was addicted to wax worms and he wouldn't eat anything else for a couple days when i stopped giving it to them then slowly started eating crickets again. I opened the box of wax worms recently (uneaten for a month) to find a bunch of moths inside that almost flew out. It was nasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom