dragon respiratory infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon has small amount of bubbles comming from its nose but no other signs of sickness, eating fine, i think maybe over hydrated is this possible to have to much water, he wont drink from a dish but have to use a dropper every other day, temp is fine humidity is 40 degrees,

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually it does sounds like an upper respiratory infection if he has mucus bubbles coming out of his nose. Using a dropper every other day wouldn't make him overhydrated. Are you bathing him, if so, did he put his head and nose down in the water to drink? When you put your ear down near his head, do you hear any clicking noises? How is the beardies coloring?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well, keep a close eye on him. What are the tank temps and what type of thermometer are you using to check them?

dan101proof

Original Poster
in door out door electronic, i normally run the cool dide at 85 but i read if there is an ir to crank it up so i got it at 90 now, the basking spot is 110, this dragon is part of the family very well cared for, very spoiled just not sure if she needs to go to the vet, only senn the bubbles in nose yesterday after she drank, we dont like our vet much very rough handling and we hate to see her handled like that, im sure the vet knows whathes doing but she looks at us like help me and i know the first thing they are going to do is pry her mouth open

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm sure she is very spoiled, just like our beardies. :love5: That's good that you're using that type of thermometer. Since her temp is already 110, that is fine. I think it would be a good idea to lower the cool side down to 85 though so she can thermoregulate as she needs to. Any idea what the humidity level is in her tank?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, 40% is fine for the humidity. I wouldn't leave a water dish in overnight though. Sounds like she is acting fine today and you haven't seen anymore bubbles since yesterday, right?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
See how she is tomorrow. If you notice her being in a position where her head is constantly raised, so that she looks like she is staring up at his lights, is called "stargazing", and its actually one of the first symptoms that you'll notice when a beardie has contracted an Upper Respiratory Infection. So, if you notice that, get her to a vet right away. Also, be sure to keep her warmer at night. Do you know what the room temperature is where he tank is located? A night temp of 80 would be perfect. Do you have a ceramic heat emitter you can use? Another thing that would help is a warmed rice sock, have you ever used that?

dan101proof

Original Poster
no rice sock, heating pad and red heat emitter night temp around 82 ambiant room temp is 80 around enclosure she does keep head held high but not looking like straighgt up

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Do you have the heating pad on the side of the tank or the bottom? If on the bottom, there is always the chance that they could overheat & burn the beardies belly since they sense heat from overhead. Heat emitter don't give off any light, so you must be using a red nighttime bulb. That is fine for a few nights while you have concerns but make sure that the bulb isn't directly over her and that she has her back to it so it doesn't disturb her sleep. The room temps sound fine. Keep us updated, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom