how long does it take for a beardie 2 grow to full size

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

how long does it take for a beardie 2 grow to full size

Postby BEARDIE144 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:28 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

i was just wondering how long does it take for a beardie to grow full size . my beardie right now is a juveinile
BEARDIE144
Hatchling Poster

Re: how long does it take for a beardie 2 grow to full size

Postby Catalyst » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:00 pm

The majority of your dragon's growing is done in the first 12 months, although they do continue to grow until about 18 months old. After that any growth they do is very slow, pretty much unnoticeable.
1.1 cats - Bobinno (a.k.a. Bobo) & Zim
1.1 dogs - Bruno & Zoey
1.0 husband
Catalyst
BD.org Addict

Postby Paradon » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:52 pm

They pretty much go through growth spurt until 18 months old and after the growth rate slow down, but reptiles grow throughout their lives...just a tiny bit a time. I know a 10 year old Cyclura, a type of rock iguana from the Caribean, that was still growing. Last year he weigh less and was shorter SVL, but this year at 10 years he surprised his owner by growing another inch or so and added some pounds.
Paradon
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Meesh » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:04 am

In my experience, they have growth spurts. Axl seemed like he was never getting any bigger then out of the blue he got bigger. Now I'm waiting for him to grow again! They are so cute when they are small though!
Meesh
Newbie Poster

Return to General Discussion