Fungus on tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KruegerZ

So i noticed today that Drama has a yellow hard spot on his tail. the base of the tail is nice and fat, but then there is the yellow spot on top, and it is much larger on the bottom, than his tail becomes pale, and very thin. Any knowledge of what it is? im going to the vet 2moro but want to have some clue before than, thank you.

KruegerZ

Original Poster
i will post a picture in 2moro, i dont have my camera with me, but i went to the vet and he said it could have been from another dragon biting him before i got it, a burn (but i dont use heat rocks so that isnt part of it) or an infection from worms or something, but tonight after work, i was saying goodnight to Drama and i seen a small spider in his cage T.T and i live in florida where there are so many poisonous spiders. So i am going to talk to the doc again and see if the medication i am using now will help or hurt him if that was the case.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your dragon got bitten by a spider? Oh that is not good. Are you sure he was bitten? Can you see any puncture marks? What type of spider do you think that it was?

Good you are going to the vet tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Tracie

KruegerZ

Original Poster
sorry for delay all, i have been dealing with my camera >.< it doesnt seem to want to work, but i found worms in his poop, so i called the vet and he said that the tale turning colours is probably constriction from a worm and that he isnt getting blood to his tail, so i got some more meds, and my dragon is NOT liking it at all, but hopefully he will pull through, whenever i get my camera to work ill show pictures. thank you all!

-edit- i dont think it was bitten by the spider, i found out it was a common nonvenomous spider, but if it did, that my have been carrying something that gave him the worms, so who knows, just hoping the meds do the trick.

Elaina

Juvie Member
Constriction from a worm? That sounds odd. Maybe its just me. I would keep an close eye on it. Glad you got meds tho, hopefully he'll feel better soon:)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Good he was not bitten by a spider, & that it was not a poisonous one at that.
Why did he medicate him? Did he do a fecal on him?
I really need to see a picture of that area.
No, the tail will not turn colors from him having worms, it does not cause constriction. The only things that cause constriction are retained shed.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom